Aftermarket radio problem WTF

MikeP2389

So im gettin new monte monday and all my audio equipment is gettin taken out of my 95 and goin into my 02. i used the one near the brake booster on my 95 but i dont think the 6th gen montes have that one. i heard there is a grommet on the passenger side firewall where abouts is it? thanks.

Yeah, well, it's easier to access from the passenger side. On all the 2nd gens I've worked on, the grommet was down a bit, and more near the passenger side.

However, if you feel like taking your time, I'm sure you could run it through where the firewall harness go's through. I really wouldn't recommend it though.

theres a grommet on both sides, drivers is much more accessable, i needed to use it when i installed the fogs on my 03. passenger is a little tough to get at but on my 03 it was empty just hard to reach.

However, I would recommend going to the one on your passenger side since the battery is on that side of the engine bay.

I agree 100% but you will find the drivers side grommet eleventybillion times easier to get to :lol:

So i get all the wires for my amp ran power ground rcas remote and next was to put my working pioneer headunit in. I bought the PAC c2r-gm24. My car doesnt have onstar and it juss has the regular RDS cd player and i think theres a factory amp in the trunk. Well once i wire everything up i get the door chime and the headunit turns on and plays the cd but no sound output at all from anything, not even any static. what could be the problem??

thanks.

if it's like the older style, which it probably is since I have used the same wiring harness in every GM I have owned.. It is the.... pink factory wire I believe that powers the factory amp. whatever wire comes out the other end of that on your wiring harness you want to hook it up to the amp turn on wire from your deck. I ran into this while puttin decks in both my GPs as they have factory amps.

no, on the wiring harness that you plug into the factory harness, just hook up the amp wire, I think it's a blue with a white stripe?? can't remember, you will have to look to see, it should be in the box your harness came with, and hook it up to the amp turnon wire comin from the deck, no cutting of fatory wires should be needed.

Why would a '95 Monte have an RDS radio, or OnStar? Is this a different vehicle?

You shouldn't be having any problems with just wiring color to color on the wiring harness on both sides. You're not cutting the factory harness are you? The snap-in wiring harness should be color-coded along with your CD deck's wires so you just match them up. All of the cars I've had with factory amps have never had problems. Check your wiring.

I combined your two radio threads, since they're essentially about the same thing. If you had posted about the problem in the first thread I would have known what car you were referring to.