An important UNIMPORTANT question about 0-60 times...

SSEiyah93

Ok, this is simple and bugging me... :thinking: I want to know what the REAL 0-60 times are on a stock TGP. I have seen sooo many different times and not close but very different. I've seen 6.0secs, 6.2secs, 6.9secs, 7.0secs, 7.3secs, 7.8secs, and 8.1secs. I'm sure there are a hell of a lot more too! :cussing: My TGP is pretty much bone stock other than a K&N air cone filter bolted directly to the turbo. I haven't had a chance to time my car safely without the chance of being pulled over (damn cops here are everywhere right now!!! :evil:) If someone could tell me this I would be sooo happy...like this :mrgreen: Thanks!

Honestly, it depends on the car. Magazines will do 0-60 tests on a couple identical cars, and will get times that can be almost a second off... on an identical car. They can vary quite a bit. I would say a good-running stock TGP should be in the upper 6 to low 7 second range.

my TGP will hit 60 mph in 7.4 seconds.

I used one of my timeslips to come up with that rough number. This is assuming rate of acceleration stays the same.

At the 1/8th mile mark, it was at 76 mph at 9.4 seconds

Need to try it on g-tech.

I guess I'll have to do a time on mine and then I'll post it...Just gotta find a good level place for it... I know it's pretty damn fast though...you can just feel that!

You guys are way faster than me...I've never ran it but I've read where they are either 8.0 or 8.5 seconds for 0-60, that's for the LQ1 convertible. :confused: I wonder how much time the few hundred extra pounds that come with the convertibles add?

a good-running stock TGP should be in the upper 6 to low 7 second range.

that seems a little fast IMO.

that sounds about right to me, just a little faster then a LQ1.

I used one of my timeslips to come up with that rough number. This is assuming rate of acceleration stays the same.

Need to try it on g-tech.

If you go by one of those conversions for 1/8th mile et and trap speed, it'll probably say somewhere around the low to mid 6 second range for your car.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is simple and bugging me... :thinking: I want to know what the REAL 0-60 times are on a stock TGP. I have seen sooo many different times and not close but very different. I've seen 6.0secs, 6.2secs, 6.9secs, 7.0secs, 7.3secs, 7.8secs, and 8.1secs. I'm sure there are a hell of a lot more too! :cussing: My TGP is pretty much bone stock other than a K&N air cone filter bolted directly to the turbo. I haven't had a chance to time my car safely without the chance of being pulled over (damn cops here are everywhere right now!!! :evil:) If someone could tell me this I would be sooo happy...like this :mrgreen: Thanks!

I remember my TSTE, 1/4 time was about 14.9-15.1 qand 0-60 was like 7.1ish

(all timing and speed traps done on backside country roads, with no deer...lol)

but it depends on the car:

and some other things, mostly the driver and car itself. but if you want to get specific temperature, humidity, ground level, and what you ate for lunch can be factors too. :burnout:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I feel good this is the first time I've been on here in like a month!! :eek: Anyway, I did a couple 0-60 times and the average was...drum-roll... 0-60 in 6.7 seconds... My best time was 6.3!!! So now I know...my car can go 0-60 pretty quick :burnout:

Ok, I feel good this is the first time I've been on here in like a month!! :eek: Anyway, I did a couple 0-60 times and the average was...drum-roll... 0-60 in 6.7 seconds... My best time was 6.3!!! So now I know...my car can go 0-60 pretty quick :burnout:

And this thing is stock? Do you have vids?

And this thing is stock? Do you have vids?

I'll have to take some vids, I don't have anything to take them with but I KNOW at least one of my friends does...and this is almost stock, it was right after I got my new gas tank on and had my fuel system cleaned... I also have a K&N cone hooked right up to the turbo...other than that and some good tires my car is bone stock.

what method were you using to come up with these times?

X2, stop watch??

Is there a boost controller attached anywhere on the car??

I've done that with my GTP and best 0-60 was like 5.1, if I had radials or slicks I could probably do better.

No I have no boost controller, and yeah it was with a stop watch...I did it 3 times timing myself since i have the HUD right in front of me and then my friend timed it 3 times too... this was in different weather also... I wanted the true average, not like what the average is on the best day ever. And I have Goodyear Eagle HP Z rated tires on...they are wet a dry sports tires... I don't really understand them...the tread is so hard yet they grip really well! I mean it's not hard to peel out in a TGP no-matter what kind of tires you have on but these ones are pretty sticky... Way to go Goodyear :high5:

what method were you using to come up with these times?

X2, stop watch??

Is there a boost controller attached anywhere on the car??

I've done that with my GTP and best 0-60 was like 5.1, if I had radials or slicks I could probably do better.

Even on the other forums GTPs with superchargers are not doing 5.1 sec 0-60s? I smoked 2004 GTP with my BMW 745i a while back. he got me till second gear and then I walked him. My friend joel was driving and was speechless btw 0-60 for my 745i is 5.9 supposedly.

No I have no boost controller, and yeah it was with a stop watch...I did it 3 times timing myself since i have the HUD right in front of me and then my friend timed it 3 times too... this was in different weather also... I wanted the true average, not like what the average is on the best day ever. And I have Goodyear Eagle HP Z rated tires on...they are wet a dry sports tires... I don't really understand them...the tread is so hard yet they grip really well! I mean it's not hard to peel out in a TGP no-matter what kind of tires you have on but these ones are pretty sticky... Way to go Goodyear :high5:

Does your TGP have a mods? My TGP will not peel out at all when I step on the gas. I have the original Xover and I wonder if that is hindering my performance.

Chris

Can't be the x-over... cause mine has the original too...I really wanna get a new one but just can't afford it and I know my car needs a tune-up, not sure when the last one was, but I notice a minor miss and sometimes a little VERY minor hesitation which could also easily be the x-over... my motor and tranny mounts need replaced too... And the only mod is a K&N cone hooked directly to the turbo... Other than that, it's bone stock...like I said, I can tell that it even needs a few things... And here's an idea, mine will peel out pretty good if I just punch it...BUT, if you really want to peel out and this is something you would NOT want to do often, hold your foot on the brake and lightly rev the engine till the turbo is spooling a bit, then let your foot off the brake and floor it, I had to measure...I left about 100 or better feet of tire... It's the only time I've done that because I know it's not really good for the car at all...but it will work like hell. Try it if you can and let me know :burnout:

Does your TGP have a mods? My TGP will not peel out at all when I step on the gas. I have the original Xover and I wonder if that is hindering my performance.

really? I'm still having vacuum (i think) problems and I can easily break the tires loose! now, the cutlass, on the other hand, not so much :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

did some routine maintenance this last week and got footage of 0-60 frame to frame in tenths of a second, so basically it is exact. I got 2 runs where I got 6.6 seconds. this is with bone stock motor,tranny,turbo,crossover. only mods are top gun 160 chip, 160 t-stat, TB coolant line delete, K/N air filter. the vids are posted here:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=68719.30

when I watch them on adobe photoshop I can get tenths exactly from the vid. its nice, but then you upload them to photobucket you cant break it down to tenths. only full seconds.