*UPDATE* Intrigue Problem

Regal_GS_1989

Alright, quick question that i'm sure Rob has an answer for... Would a bad coolant level sensor on an LX5 Intrigue cause the car to go into "limp Mode" I'm asking cause my GF just called me saying that the Low coolant light was on and the car was running like crap. I'm assuming that it could likely cause this, but i'm not totally sure.

TIA

Little update: I got use of an OTC Genesys scanner last night and went to check out the car. It was the SES light that was on (Canadian clusters have a little picture of an engine, not the actual Service Engine Soon writing, which is why there was some confusion) When i scanned it, the TCC stuck on code was present, which would explain why the car was bucking. I cleared the code and took it out for a spin. Everything seemed alright and the light never came back on. I took it to work today, and after some driving, it seemed as if there was a very slight slip in reverse. It was only present if you goosed the throttle enough, otherwise it was fine. The fluid also appears to be full. I'm wondering if this is the start of the Pressure control Solenoid acting up, or if I am just paranoid. Everything else seems fine, no harsh shifts, no shifts seem slower than usual, and no harshness when changing gears.

I guess I should mention that i drove the car last night with the Datastream function on the Scanner and nothing appeared out of the ordinary. All the shifts were as they should be.

You need to flag me on this, yes your car waas probably going into limp mode and trhe coolant temp sensor is what trriggers that feature. The reverse thing sounds like you are being paranoid.

The car wasnt' actually going into limp mode. The light she described to me sounded like the low coolant light, so thats what I assumed happened, but when i saw the car it was the SES light. The running like crap that she described was the TCC not unlocking and bucking when she pulled over. I scanned it and cleared the code and everything seems to be the way it should be. And I know i shoulda flagged you, but i was in a rush and it slipped my mind.