Another annoying noise thread!

xtremerevolution

I have an annoying noise coming from the back of my regal whenever the back end rises or falls slowly, like something creaking. I previously had the same problem with my ADDCO bar rubbing against the strut, but I greased that up and it stopped creaking.

This all started when I replaced the rear struts with KYB GR2's. I replaced the struts, strut mounts, and ADDCO bushings with greasable Energy Suspension bushings. I made sure to grease those bushings well, and grease the part where the ADDCO bar gets close to the struts, but nothing has helped and I'm still hearing the creaking noise every time I push the back end up and down.

Any ideas?

:willynilly:

What did you use in the way of grease?

Jamie

A grease gun with a grease cartridge, and about 1/4 the grease in that whole cartridge.

Don't worry man it wasn't astroglide.

HaHa, I mean what kind of grease. You should only use Fully synthetic grease with poly bushings, preferably grease with silicone in it.

Jamie

HaHa, I mean what kind of grease. You should only use Fully synthetic grease with poly bushings, preferably grease with silicone in it.

Jamie

Hmm...I honestly have no idea what I used. It looks like a faded yellow. That's the extent of my knowledge. Are you thinking the bushings are creaking because I may not have used synthetic grease? I used a wad of lithium grease on my front bushings when i did those a few years back and never had any noise issues.

Its just the only thought I can come up with, lol. Non synthetic grease may of worn out already... The stuff I use is a bright blue.

Jamie