Buck's Interior swap. OMFG project on hold.

Night Fury

So... I have already reached the point of no return on this project. I need to know how to remove the front seats, dash and headliner (specifically the dome light). Thanks!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• BXX

• ManicMechanic

• Crazy K

I dunno how the front seats are compared to my car, but there should be only 2 or 4 bolts to remove, then the seat should just lift out?

A big hammer should remove the dash successfully

Exactly what interior are you swapping in???

Similar to what you did, probably. I want the graphite leather seats, without the buckets in the back. and a GP dash.

The dome light will have small push in type fastners. You will have to use needle nose pliers. Its a PITA.

It sure looks like it... then does the headliner just come down?

pretty soon dash swaps are going to be as played out as black crosslaces

muahahah

I have yet to see anyone else gut the rear of their w-body. :biggrin:

pretty soon dash swaps are going to be as played out as black crosslaces

Im the originator bitch :lol:

Buck, see my project thread for a little info on the dash removal. I think I posted in bodeen's thread as well about his lumina dash and cluster..

Just a little bit of Shady advice.

I wouldn't remove your interior until you've bought the interior you're replacing it with. Having a car gutted like that will hamper your motivation if it has to sit until you can find a new interior. Plus if you had to sell the car in a pinch, at least it will be all together

All in my opinion of course

Just a little bit of Shady advice.

I wouldn't remove your interior until you've bought the interior you're replacing it with. Having a car gutted like that will hamper your motivation if it has to sit until you can find a new interior. Plus if you had to sell the car in a pinch, at least it will be all together

All in my opinion of course

Thank you, I did consider that as I do need motivation sometimes, but this is different. I NEED the car done.

no pics?

So far:

011.jpg

010.jpg

So... Will the newer GP dash really work with my older '91 CS? How about climate control?

Yes, and yes..

Heres he scoop, the sheetmetal is all correct for what you need. The only possible difference will be the 3 main bolts which could easily be drilled... You will need the dash, main IP brace (big stupid metal thingy :lol:), and prolly the heater box assy... But you will want the heater box if you want climate control.

To me, doing the dash swap wouldnt be hard at all.. Its more than likely bolt in just like what I had. The climate control shouldnt be too hard other than some simple wiring.

Thank you very much... What about the differences in door panels?

And what years in GP's can the dash come from? Sorry for all the questions!! :willynilly:

Thank you very much... What about the differences in door panels?

And what years in GP's can the dash come from? Sorry for all the questions!! :willynilly:

No problem on the Q's...

The GP dash is from 94-96. Grab the center console from a 95-96 GP or a 95-97 CS (they are the same)

The door panels will be quite different, you will want new door panels to match your interior.. If you have the seatbelts on the doors, you will want to snag the panels from a GP.. If not on the doors, then the CS... Not sure on the years to be exact, but a quick look at donor cars will give you an idea of what you want to go with.

From the door panels to the rear of the car, you will need 95-97 CS panels..

And if you go through all this work to do an interior swap and dont get leather, I will bitch slap you :lol:

Feel free to keep shooting the questions man, I really wanna see you get it done.. Then there will be 3 CS's w/ GP dashes... And yours better have HUD too :lol:

MMMk there will be more ?'s, I am for sure going with leather, and HELLS YES HUD!!

So a list of what I need from front to back:

-94-96 GP dash with DIC and HUD(not necessarily from one car)

-What do I get the climate control from?

-OMG what about the steering column and wheel+airbag?

-95-96 GP or 95-97 CS console but How do I convert from column shift?

-Leather CS front seats

-door sill trim...

-above door trim...

-graphite headliner and carpet from...

-Leather bench(preference) back seat from CS

-back side panels from 95-97 CS

-Back speaker deck from...

MMMk there will be more ?'s, I am for sure going with leather, and HELLS YES HUD!!

So a list of what I need from front to back:

1-94-96 GP dash with DIC and HUD(not necessarily from one car)

2-What do I get the climate control from?

3-OMG what about the steering column and wheel+airbag?

4-95-96 GP or 95-97 CS console but How do I convert from column shift?

5-Leather CS front seats

6-door sill trim...

7-above door trim...

8-graphite headliner and carpet from...

9-Leather bench(preference) back seat from CS

10-back side panels from 95-97 CS

11-Back speaker deck from...

Ill adress this in this kinda manner

1-Yes, make sure you get the metal IP brace as well

2-Climate control from a 95-97 CS would be the better option than the earlier stuff

3-You shouldnt need the column, but a steering wheel would keep things matching, ignore the airbag crap

4-You will need the new shift cable and shifter assy. Just undo your current column shift and call it a day or get a new column and rewire

5-Leather CS seats or you get banned...lol

6-Yes, CS or GP should be the same

7-You must use the GP's Driver side A-pillar trim!!! The CS isnt contoured for the GP dash on the driver side

8-Headliner and carpet from any model, but the new ones have better fabric and the headliners dont sag as much, the 95-97 CS/ 94-96 GP should be fine as you already gotta highjack a lot of crap from

9-One again, teh leatha, or teh banstick!!! lol

10-Yes, door panels back should be CS even though the GP might work but I think they arent as nice as the CS's

11-Any CS, but you should get it from you 95-97 Donor car to keep the fabric matching and somewhat newer

Hope this is all helping you man!! Trust me, a nice interior will be worth it, especially after you sit back when its done and see that you have accomplished something that most people wouldnt attempt

3-You shouldnt need the column, but a steering wheel would keep things matching, ignore the airbag crap

He has a square blue column so he will need a round graphite column.

He has a square blue column so he will need a round graphite column.

yeah, I know, but worse case scenario, the dash cutout is large enough to accept the square column.. He could easily paint the column if need be...

But yeah, getting a new column would be ideal... Any wiring wouldnt be too hard, just hit me up and I can supply you will wiring diagrams from Mitchell On Demand