3 Kinds of Louvers???

pontiac6ksteawd

So I am out working on the TGP today, taking it out of storage. I have 3 sets of louvers, all TGP style. The set that is on the TGP now are really paint faded (from a 89 TGP), and 2 screw holes broke off the back side. So I wanted to swap on a set of my spare louvers (from a 90 TGP). But they were diferent. Same size, same shape, but on the back, the set that I was taking off didnt have any plastic rest stops that would rest against the hood edges. The set I put on had a extra plastic strip that went right along where the edge of the hood met the louver. My other spare set were the same way.

So now this makes 3 diferent type of GP louvers I have found. GTP style, non-edged TGP style, and Edged TGP style.

The only reason I bring this up is because the style that has the strip will not fit on a hood that didnt have the edging without triming the edge off the hood some. Was really odd for me. Anyone else had this?