Bucket Seats

PCGUY112887

Alright, I really need some seats in my GP! I want better buckets than what I have now... these seats give no lateral support at all. Not to mention that some of the springs in the drivers seat are screwed, and the seat can't adjust at all.

I know old AQ9's are an option, but I really don't see myself finding any.

What about 97-03 GP bucket seats? How much support do they give? How hard would they be to get into a 96?

What about rear buckets (I want quads!), what all cars can I rape for their rear quad goodness?

I seem to be able to find 97-03 charcoal leather seats all over the place so it seems like an easy option, if I could find some near matching rear charcoal leather seats as well.

i asked this question to. And it seemed like people wanted to tell me the 97-03 were not as good as ours.. But i dont think they will. Monte's will thought i have been told.

I can't speak for 1.5 Gens, but 2nd gen front seats do not fit in a 1st gen. If you did want to go that way you could have to make up custom mounting brackets because the bolt holes have different spacing. If your going to go and make custom brackets, you might as well find decent seats, 2nd gen seats suck. Go to a wreckers or a used car lot and test out seats from other cars. Then when you find a seat you like, try to find it at a wreckers.

Jamie

I can't speak for 1.5 Gens, but 2nd gen front seats do not fit in a 1st gen. If you did want to go that way you could have to make up custom mounting brackets because the bolt holes have different spacing. If your going to go and make custom brackets, you might as well find decent seats, 2nd gen seats suck. Go to a wreckers or a used car lot and test out seats from other cars. Then when you find a seat you like, try to find it at a wreckers.

Jamie

Yea, STAY AWAY from 2nd Gen seats!! Trust me!!

I thought that the 1.5 Gen's would swap in. I could have swore there was someone on here with a 1.5 monte interior in their 1st gen.

Alright, I really need some seats in my GP! I want better buckets than what I have now... these seats give no lateral support at all. Not to mention that some of the springs in the drivers seat are screwed, and the seat can't adjust at all.

I know old AQ9's are an option, but I really don't see myself finding any.

What about 97-03 GP bucket seats? How much support do they give? How hard would they be to get into a 96?

What about rear buckets (I want quads!), what all cars can I rape for their rear quad goodness?

I seem to be able to find 97-03 charcoal leather seats all over the place so it seems like an easy option, if I could find some near matching rear charcoal leather seats as well.

rear buckets = 88-91 cutlass, grand prix, buick regals, i got my buckets outta a gutlass personally.

otherwise, front buckets, you can get from 88-95? cutass, 88-96 GP, 94-98 monte carlos, whatever year they had the 2 door regals, i am not as up on them as i should be..... and they will bolt right up.

otherwise, i dont know if i would want to make new brackets, sounds a whole lot like work.

also, when removing rear buckets, make sure you have a really large socket, because the seat belt bolts at the same spot the seat does, so your normal 17mm will not be big enough....believe me, i tried.

Say I got after market seats or seats that otherwise won't directly bolt in... couldn't I just take the brackets off the bottom of the current seats and bolt them to whatever seat is going in, so then the bracket would attach just like stock to the floor?

I found some buckets I really like but I am afraid that my stock seatbelts won't work well with them, and I don't want to loose my back seat by installing a harness bar to put in real harnesses... I would also then feel like rice.

I thought that the 1.5 Gen's would swap in. I could have swore there was someone on here with a 1.5 monte interior in their 1st gen.

that was me. 95+LUMINA seats in my 92 Lumina. the rear needed a little hacking to fit.

what car, year, and type of seats do you currently have? seat color?

Seeing as that website gives you measurements, start bu measuring the height of your seats to see if they will even fit in the car. Measure from the bottom of the seat and not the floor. From there if you decide you have enough room, you can take the brackets off your seats and make them fit on these. BUT, by make them fit I mean you will have to do some fabing up of brackets. I don't know how much work that would end up being.

Those are nice seats though, let me know what you end up doing... My only concern would be comfort, these might not be seats you want to be sitting in for hours at a time.

Jamie