Wipers need adjusting?

daszanto

1995, Supreme SL, 2-door.

When my wipers are running on the delay cycle, the position they pause at seems kinda high to me. Hopefully the pics will post for me. Pic 1: This is where they pause on delay. Pic 2: This is where they park when off.

Is this normal, or do they need adjusting?

that is completely normal.

x2. The ones on my GP sit right about there too, and never close all the way down like i THINK they should.. but its a 16 year old wiper motor and it still works, so I can't complain too much. :D

not trying to hijack but while on the topic my delay is too short, when i put it on the longest delay it is like 15 seconds and the lowest is like 3. I hate using my wipers because they come on way too much for me so i just never use them lol. any ideas on how to fix this?

not trying to hijack but while on the topic my delay is too short, when i put it on the longest delay it is like 15 seconds and the lowest is like 3. I hate using my wipers because they come on way too much for me so i just never use them lol. any ideas on how to fix this?

Rain-X + >40MPH = clean windshield!

I am obsessed with rain-x because I just hate using my wipers. Then when I'm driving I have to hear "what do you think your cool cuz you dont use your wipers?". Guess what it comes down to is I find myself constantly adjusting them to the perfect rate for the amount of rain there is. I can't stand them being on more than they have to. They smear the dirty rd water if there's not enough to wipe off or you cant see the road if theyre not on frequently enough.

I miss the school bus style wipers :cry:

You know you hate them!

Our wiper setup sucks, the only reason its like that is because of the way the window is shaped.

I hate my wipers they chatter all the fucking time.

I miss the school bus style wipers :cry:

You know you hate them!

Our wiper setup sucks, the only reason its like that is because of the way the window is shaped.

I hate my wipers they chatter all the fucking time.

sounds like it may be time fo some new wipers

I'd say so. Most w-bodies I have seen have bent wiper arms. They are very easy to bend when scraping the windshield in the winter.

Anco is a great wiper brand. Cheap too.

How do you bend them scraping the window?

Pulling the blades up and/or chipping around them to clear ice. Our wiper motors aren't strong enough to break through a big ice-over.

ancos are great. i leave my winters on all year round. as for the ice in the winter. i never scrape the windows unless i really hae to so it is problem solved. if it gets too bad i just open the hood and remove the ice :mrgreen:

my stock wiper blades that came with my car are better than the bosch ones for like 20$ each. which surprised me but i guess they suck for curved windshields

Mine have always chatter a little but seem to do it more when the Rain X starts wearing off. I travel a lot so even with Rain X I have to hit the wipers from time to time. When the rain x is first put on wipers are smooth as silk but after it starts wearing off they'll bounce about 10 times on the return back down.