0-60- 1/4 mile time, 3.1

Mach 5

Well, finally g-teched the car today.

I got:

0-60 in 8.4 secs

1/4 mile in 16.3 secs

Really freakin slow. Thats with stock tune and a 10.3:1 fuel ratio at full throttle.

That was my best out of 3 runs and it was my last. The others were 17.3 and 16.5.

Im sure its better than that but with it bogging down until 3k, its not going anywhere fast.

So thats what you would get if you had a Comp Cams 260 grind.

Jarek

its not. I think its the tuning though because it bogs down and doesn't have power below 3k.

Power band in each gear:

20-40- must take to 45 to get times up

50-80

80+ in power already.

It pulls to the limiter. Its all top end power

Yes that is my AE86- Blew my 4A-GE 16 valve Blue top (oil ring on cyl 2) now doing a Blacktop 20 valve conversion.

Jarek

get it tuned and post results, sounds like it will make a big diffrence. were is the rev limiter on these anyway?

Mine has a fresh bluetop 4AGE that the previous owner rebuilt just before he sold it. 20v would be sweet.

I'm going a diffrent route, next year I'm swaping in a Z20LET from a vauxhall. I have the motor and I know them better than toyota. I know how to get easy power out of them as well and i get away from the eight six tranny, they break like mad with anything over 200hp. x.x

That's pretty good seeing as how I've never seen a stock 3.1 do better than a 17.2 in the 1/4!

Mine went 17.1 last year with a WAI and a 60* chip. Obviously not bone stock but pretty close.

That's pretty good seeing as how I've never seen a stock 3.1 do better than a 17.2 in the 1/4!

Mine went 17.1 last year with a WAI and a 60* chip. Obviously not bone stock but pretty close.

Well then I've never seen a "stock" 3.1 do better than 17.1 in the 1/4! :lol:

Well then I've never seen a "stock" 3.1 do better than 17.1 in the 1/4! :lol:

mine ran 17.01 lastyear with just a muffler! it will do alot better once I get the ported heads bolted on!

that is not bad for a stock 3.1 with a cam. I have seen cavaliers run only a bit quicker (15.7) with a cam and lots of other work. A good tune would help knock a couple of tenths off but I would do heads first then get it tuned then you will see the times drop!

That's not too bad. Stock 3.1's in the w-cars are good for low 17's most of the time. I hope you weren't expecting it to be that much faster, without tuning especially. I g-teched my old built 3.1 at 15.8@ I believe 90mph, and that was also untuned. But that engine had over 11.5:1 compression, a larger cam (Crane 272 plus 1.6 rockers), and stock manifolds. Stock tune was rich at idle and under 3000 rpm. Are you getting any knock retard at WOT? Have a way to check it?

Talk with Ben at 60degree, he may have a way to help with at least a basic tune you could buy for your setup. Anything will help.

No knock retard at all. I was just starting to lean out at around 5000rpm. Without a wideband O2 I have absolutely no clue how low the fuel ratio actually is besides 10:1. The guage I have is pegged. O2 is NGK.

My runs were only getting better but being that it was illegal I was lucky I didn't get nailed so I left on the third run. Next time I will take it to the track. I can promise that.

I actually have the chip but I took out and put the stock one in because Ben added fuel and it ran horrible. I have to send it back. If anyone knows of a place in NY that could tune my car, please tell. Its kind of hard to get it right when you are in two different places. Can't get a real time tune thing going.

Mr_Efficiency - Good luck with that motor swap! Thats a pretty torquey motor. Isn't it like 200 at like 1900rpm? Do you have or know of any links for the wiring diagrams or the pin connectors? I found a couple but they are mad confusing.

-Jarek

Really low 17's is all the 3.1 is capable of stock... I was thinking somethimg more along the lines of low 16's. Atleast now I have a base line to know were my car started from since I didnt get a chance to hit the track before my hybrid swap that i was kind of forced into :rolleyes: (4t60 exploded)

Mach 5: Im not sure of any direct links but check out club4ag.com if you havent already, im sure they would have it. Also aeu86.org is another good one.

Under cruise its fine as Im around 14.7:1 but any sort of acceration it bogs then goes like a carborated car. Dumps fuel in. And I only get 15 sometimes as high as 17 highway and 11 city not beating on it.

-I've been on club 4ag and the one guys list of wiring is kinda of confusing. I will have to check out the other one.

-Jarek

you really need to get it tuned. More than likely youll gain time when its properly tuned. But your hurting that engine with it running that rich.

I don't know of any that will tune your ECM either. They're all OBD2 shops.

If there was some way you could datalog it would be valuable for Ben I'm sure. Out of curiosity where'd you get the 10:1 fuel measurement from?

I found out one reason for the bogging issue but it didn't fix my full throttle bog. The vacuum line to the fuel regulator had a tear in it. Replaced and I also zip tied all the other vacuum lines as well.

-Jarek