damn addco bar....

19Cutlass94

When I was putting my rims on today I was looking around in the back end to see if I could find out where this noise is coming form that I have. Well I took the passenger rear wheel off, and found this:

DSC00912.jpg

You can see where its still rubbing the inner fender well. I guess I didnt cut off enough material, but I was trying to take off as little material as possible. So next time I have the air tools out, hopefully Ill be able to take car of this. Cause its pretty annoying :lol:

you're not the only one....

notice I had to relocate teh brake line too.....btw, this is on the NON revised addco bar.....now w/ the revised one...I have TONS of room

also see the torch marks...LOL

100_0589.jpg

I don't have these problems...

The spacers I made made these issues go away...

BUT...

I have my own problems....

The inner sway bar mounts are hitting my lateral links! :redface:

I'll have to see how I can fix that this summer....

Jamie

adam, where did you get the revised bar? I wouldnt mind getting one so I wouldnt have to mess around with this damn thing!

Jamie, how are they hitting the lateral links?!

Jamie, how are they hitting the lateral links?!

Your guess is as good as mine! The held tubular arms are wider than the stock rectangular ones. There are marks on the arms right next to the mounts. This would also explain the recent clunking sounds I have been hearing.

I think Matt snapped some pics for reference when he installs his bar. I will see if he can post one up for me, not sure if the pics he got show the marks on the arms.

Jamie

Here is the pic I got from Matt... you can see the lateral arm on the left and the scratches are right in front of the inner mount.

IMG_2318.jpg

Look how rusty that is... Blasphemy! I can't wait till I can afford a 2nd car for a DD, no more winters or even rain for the GTP...

Jamie

I got a revised bar when Trey was (might still be) at addco....this was ~3 yrs ago.

I need to find me a revised bar!!!

Holy hell! Its that rusty all ready?!?!?!? Dude you need another car! or Ill start sending your car wash tickets or something! :lol:

Your bar is actually about 1" farther forward than mine is. Must be because of the spacer? but if thats only 3/8" ( was it? )

You might be able to just graze some metal off that mount and be ok.

So in order to use an addco bar u have to hack ur shit up? If it does this what car was it actually meant for?

It was designed for our cars, but as you can see there is a clearance issue on lowered cars. Stock height is fine. But they re designed the bar for clearance on lowered cars.

Adam your out in left field with your set-up so you dont count! :lol: :jk:

In all reality its probably only 5/8" away from the lateral links.

I'm thinking that taking the spacers out might be my only option... but then I could run into other binding issues.

I'll figure something out... Maybe I can mount it the same way Aweb has his...

I should start a "Wash GTP_MuNkY's car" fund.

I'm hoping to have another DD before next winter, then everything under the car will be getting a healthy coat of POR15.

You might be able to just graze some metal off that mount and be ok.

I already did that! lol, we cut about 1/4" off the end of the mount!

Jamie

I dont know if you could use his set-up with those factory hangers or not.

I know I couldn't, because of the spacers and the fact that the stockers are long long gone... it would mean custom fabricating something for me. But in the end it would give me a lot more clearance.

Jamie

I dont know if you could use his set-up with those factory hangers or not.

I know I couldn't, because of the spacers and the fact that the stockers are long long gone... it would mean custom fabricating something for me. But in the end it would give me a lot more clearance.

Jamie

True. Or you couldt just cut the hangers back about 3/8"-1/2" and have more than enough to clear. Be much easier to fix.

If I cut any more material off that mount it will be getting dangerously close to the bolt hole.

Next time I get the chance I'm going to get under the car and see if I can devise a way to rotate the mounts 90 degrees so that the U shaped part of the mount faces the lateral links.

Jamie

Sure there is... with the mount mounted the same way Adam has his, only rather than having the flat side facing the lateral links, I would have the other side facing them. I don't see why it wouldn't fit...

Hmmmmm now Im a part of this crazyness.

Can't have that now can we... :lol:

Jamie