Digging into my TGP a bit

GOT2B GM

It's that time of year when its warm enough to work in the garage, but not nice enough to really drive the TGP much yet, so that means one thing.....

Time to work on the TGP.

On the list:

Install Addco swaybar with polyurethane bushings.

Install Goodridge stainless braided brake lines.

Get x laces refinished (6 of them) Eventually get drag tires mounted on 2 of them

Replace drivers side headlight

and install HID retrofit into fog lamps to match low beams in headlights.

Those are all things that are definately getting done, on my wishlist is new exhaust, new tires (Eagle F1 D3's) and repaint the hood and mirrors.

Worked on the getting the old swaybar out today, what a difference.

DSC00278.jpg

I will update as I make progress.

Wow quite a difference there! I wouldnt mind getting my hands on one of those.

I wish i had regular access to my TGP this winter so i could have done some minor work to it. When do you usually start driving it again? I was gonna put mine back on the road next month sometime, but im going to Toronto this weekend and i dont trust my Buick there and back in the condition its in. So i dont have much choice but to take the TGP.

Worked on it a bit today. The swaybar brackets including the custom stainless spacers for the inner links and aluminum spacers for the outer links. This eliminates the need to notch the body of the car.

DSC00280.jpg

Yup that'll work.

DSC00281.jpg

HID kit showed up today

DSC00282.jpg

Swapped my corroded headlight out for a good one I picked up at the junkyard while I had the foglights out.

Here's where I mounted the foglight ballasts.

IMG_2299.jpg

Nicely hidden

IMG_2304.jpg

Bright enough? 4 HID bulbs in your mirror, you'll get out of my my way :lol:

IMG_2307.jpg

LED license plate bulbs to top it off.

IMG_2309.jpg

Back to the swaybar tomorrow......

It will fit any Gen 1 w-body. The FE3 sway bar is approximately 1/2" in diameter, where-as this new bar is 7/8" in diameter.

Not to mention using polyurethane bushings, it will really make a difference.

This is the same as the ADDCO bar, FE3 bar was nearly half the thickness. To the best of my knowledge no w-body came with a bar this big.

The bar is 7/8" thick rather than the 1/2" bar that came on the car. This particular bar was ordered from P-S-T.com under the G-max label, however if you go in to your local speed shop you should be able to order it under the ADDCO label. The ADDCO bar is not available with Poly bushings. P-S-T adds them because Poly is their thing, a lot of their components come with poly graphite bushings. The PST bar comes with all new mounting hardware. The inner mounts require 4 holes to be drilled in the frame of the car. I'm going over to help him out with the mounting of those on Wednesday, if you would like we can document how we detirmined where to drill the holes.

The spacers he is making are the same as the ones my father and I devised to get around any binding issues you might run in to with the Revision 1 bar. I think addco does have a revision 2 bar, but I know nothing about that.

FWIW, my suspension recently developed a clunk on teh rear passenger side, I'll be investigating that in the coming weeks when I swap back over to my cross laces and put the stealies and winter tires away for another year.

Jamie

Yeah my BMW 745i has both hi and lo HIDs and they really light up the road but that car has projectors. Not sure I would put a hid kit in my TGP. Cars too old and I think it would be a police magnet in my town. Lol seems your purpose for them is to blind other drivers that get in your way if I read your post correctly.

Don't worry I'm going to aim the lights before I drive too far with them. I also have a HID kit in my Z34 and never get flashed, so I don't think they are bothering people too much.

and I'll take your word on the 3/8" Adam, I never measured it, I was just guessing.

Update: Got the bar into place, and the rear SS brake lines on. Still have to drill the holes to mount the inner brackets.

I ended up having to use the front SS brake lines for the rear, because of the PM3 specific longer rear brake hoses.

and theres no way the rears will fit on the front, so I'll have to contact Goodridge and see if they'll sell me 2 more fronts.

Swaybar in place, front SS lines used in rear.

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

Original rear lines VS rear lines in kit

IMG_2314.jpg

Ummm yeah that wont work. Trying rear SS lines in front.

IMG_2315.jpg

Gonna drill and mount the inner brackets tomorrow so I can get her back on the ground.

My 077s are going on it so I can have the xlaces refinished.

so I can have the xlaces refinished.

GAY!!!!!

j/k...TGP's are the only car crosslaces should be used on.

Ok more progress....

drilled my center mounts, no ovalling of holes required. PRECISION!!!!!

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

Assembled no load

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

Weight of car on the wheels

Inner mounts are real close to the lateral arms

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

and damn near touching the rear subframe

IMG_2355.jpg

I love shiny new parts

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

Sitting perdy on my dirty ass 077s I really need to clean them

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

I think I'm going to make thinner strut spacers for my swaybar, that should give me a bit more room at the lateral arms, but I'll try it a bit as it is first.