Audio n00b, battery or fuse block?

nebojsa_o

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, but I still have a BIG problem IMO. The headlight switch being hot to touch! :willynilly: What the fuck would cause that? Can I get help on that one without starting a new thread? I don't remember it being that hot ever before...

resistance is built up from not having thick enough wire and poor grounds.

back to my point of debate. the battery is not always the greatest source for power.

just the greatest source for reserve power. the source is the alt. when the battery is below a certain voltage then the amp will draw from the alt if the wire is big enough. otherwise it will always draw from the batt. it switches back and forth but the power always originates from the alt.

you would not need a batt at all to run a stereo system in a car if you had a cap to have "stabilized" power which a better term would be "gathered". the battery is there to jump the car not the stereo. yes blackbird the alt does not put out power all the time, but I guarantee all the power comes from the alt. still not clear? are you ready for this? the only time a alt puts out power is when there is a draw from the battery so in essence the battery does not provide the stability, the alt does!!!

slick's setup would be best for stock charging systems, but my setup is far better than stock.

and not only does it improve it for your amp power, it also makes your battery charge better than stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, but I still have a BIG problem IMO. The headlight switch being hot to touch! :willynilly: What the fuck would cause that? Can I get help on that one without starting a new thread? I don't remember it being that hot ever before...

so did the car ever catch fire.... or is it OK now???

Didn't catch on fire yet. I noticed it gets hotter at night when the lights are on, and it doesn't get warm during day when the Auto On doesn't turn the lights on... I got that battery adapter thing, and connected the power wire directly to the battery. Then I looked around there, and saw a pretty rusted up ground bolt, so I took it out, and put a new one in, and cleaned the area where it goes on the chassis. Then I checked the wires and connections on the headlamp switch, and it all seemed fine. I put it all back together, and only drove the car a few times since then. But those few times I drove it, I didn't notice any crazy heat or anything like that, so hopefully whatever it was, is now fixed. I'll let you know if it catches on fire...

Just for future reference, they carry the side post battery adapters at Autozone. Saw them the other day when I was there.

Ah if only we had those here.

:werd:

AutoZone is nothing to write home about...AutoZones are staffed by nasty, ghetto women who know nothing about the parts they are selling you, and only work at AutoZone to skeaze on guys.

Just for future reference, they carry the side post battery adapters at Autozone. Saw them the other day when I was there.

Ah if only we had those here.

fricken WalMart and Kmart carry sidepost adapters/extenders

Don't think we have a Kmart here, and the Walmart here sure as shit doesn't carry them... Oh well, it seems to be all good for now, I'll keep an eye on it, and see what happens. If there is still plenty of heat, I'll deal with it, if it's ok, I'll be happy. :lol:

AutoZone is nothing to write home about...AutoZones are staffed by nasty, ghetto women who know nothing about the parts they are selling you, and only work at AutoZone to skeaze on guys.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

great generalization

great generalization

If a couple of other members had said that, you'd think its funny as hell.

Anyways not every AutoZone is like this, and I'm sure there are great people who work there.

great generalization

If a couple of other members had said that, you'd think its funny as hell.

Anyways not every AutoZone is like this, and I'm sure there are great people who work there.

LOL im taking it that you had a bad experience there once or twice....

I didnt read this whole post, but if you need a pair of side terminals Ill mail you some. Ive got a couple here.

Thanks for the offer, but I found some at a local audio shop, $6 a piece. Seems to be working good at the moment, the only problem now is that the little plastic cap that goes over the terminal now doesn't fit over it. I'll have to grab a different one somewhere, or modify the current one.

Mine doesnt fit either. I dont even have anything covering it. Its been fine. besides the only thing near it is the plastic air box.

Yep, exactly why I haven't been worried about it... I don't even have the washer fluid bottle in it yet, I've been driving the Maxima a bit more lately, and the weather is so close to being nice, but not quite nice enough yet, so I'll hang on another week or so before I clean up both my babies, and wax them. I might have to rent a driver so I can do a photoshoot of both of them in a parking lot of some sort. :lol: *hint* Jeff *hint* :lol: