Rear Quarter Window Weatherstripping

dhs1223

A set just sold on e-bay for $510 from dhs1223. :eek: I don't think we're going to see any go for $100 :bawling1:

My buddy bid on those and cried then the price jumped from $140 to $500.

Unreal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's just plain ridiculous. I'll just do what I did on the GMC, wherever there's holes in the weatherstripping...DUCT TAPE! :cool: It's better than what the previous owner had in the holes of the weather stripping...used cigarettes! :confused: Thank God for the fact that mine are perfect. :cool:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just bought a GM NOS set of these on ebay (Still in the GM plastic wrapper) for $213. A lot of money as far as I'm concerned for two strips of rubber, but I haven't been able to find anything else after 3 years of looking. Its a shame that these rubber parts that were part of the Cars & Concepts tops, were such poor quality. These moldings, along with the windshield moldings, and now my rear fixed quarter winder surround moldings have all shrunk, cracked, and dryed out. But I'm happy I finally got a set for the quarter window seals.

As of today, 3/19/09, there is a seller on eBay "niceoldz", who has a brand new NOS set of Quarter Window seals up for bid. I bought a pair from him 2 weeks ago and they are nice .. in original plastic wrap. They've been going for over $200 .. his reserve is $199. If you don't mind paying this price, they are NOS.

Here's the URL for the eBay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270360781984

Not sure how many sets he has ... this is the 3rd set I've seen (I bought one of them). Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he had more then the 3 sets...I bought a pair a couple of months ago. Been shopping it around trying to find someone that might repro it. no luck yet....