Looking for some wheels and need your help!

CSI_MuNkY

There are so many wheels out there, you just need to do your research and find out whats best. It took me 2 years to find my "dream" wheels, but once you find them you will never have to worry about them again.

So much to think about! GRRRR!

I think I'm back to the Axis Penta...

I'm trying to keep in mind that if the lip is larger than that of the xlaces then the offset could be larger as well. It would be REALLY nice if the shop I plan to go to had some in stock I could see on the car first...

I think I am going to NEED something with a lip come to think of it. If I get a rim with no lip, then its going to sit in basically the distance of the cross lace lip... Does anyone have a measurement on that lip? I want to say 1 inch or so...

If it is 1 inch (24.5mm) then I COULD go with a 2" lip and a 40-50mm offset and it should sit right where the xlace does, give or take.

Of course, its late for me, worked a 10 hour shift and I've been sitting here pondering it for the better part of an hour... do I need sleep? or is my thinking making sense?

Jamie

The lip has nothing to do with the offset at all. You can have a wheel with a 4" lip and a 38mm offset or a 1" lip and a 38 mm offset, either way, the wheel is going to come off the rotor either 38mm if you use the 4" lip wheel or 38mm if you use the 1" lip. The wheels will be set in more, so when you look at the car the face of the wheel will be closer to the inside of the fender, but not to the rotor.

You actually made me think about it for a second there. I thought that if the wheel was set in more it would move it closer to the rotor, but thats not true at all.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking last night when I wrote that! lol, lack of sleep FTL! As soon as I thought about it today with a fresh mind I was like, "no, thats not right"

So I think I will continue my search, and find at least a few rims that fit my criteria before I go to the shop

I'm going to try and find rims in the 20-25mm offset range, I think that should suffice.

Jamie

So after reading everything you people have to say, sending a couple PMs, doing some research on other sites, and trying to find proper wheels, I have decided to stick with cross laces. By the time I get to a wheel that is light enough to actually get a performance advantage I'm way outside of my budget. I figure there are much better things I can spend a grand on to improve the performance of my car.

Guess this means I won't be doing DOHCv6s brake upgrade, I don't think they will fit in cross laces, lol.

Thanks for all the help guys, I might revisit the idea next time I need tires 2 or 3 years from now, when I have a larger budget.

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, 90% chance thats what I am doing. Hopefully I will be getting them refinished this summer. The company that is going to be doing them will be stripping them, painting the center, turning the lip on a lathe, and then doing a clear powder coat over all of it... and all for $125 per rim.

I'll be going with either black or gunmetal centers.

Jamie