x-laces on the regal, or keep the current 17's?

xtremerevolution

I've been looking for some better rims for a while now, and I simply can't stand the price of decent tires on a 17" rim, so I'm considering selling my 17's in hopes of finding some 16's, x-laces in particular.

Question is though, will they fit? I'm wondering if they'll rub on the fenderwell. Not 100% sure.

I might also be willing to do a trade if anyone's interested.

Here's what my 17's look like on the regal. They're 17x7 btw with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern (which works absolutely fine on the 5x115 pattern that the GM's use. A lot of the guys on regalgs.org use the same bolt pattern without any problems) and the center hole is bored to exactly fit my w-body so there's no chance the wheels will wobble. Oh, and if I do get new tires for these, they'll definitely be a bit thicker. These were too thin and made the wheels in general look too small. I'm also going to need to buy some bolt-on spacers because the offset is really bad. These pictures were taken with 5/8" spacers.

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6720.jpg

IMG_6728.jpg

Any opinions? If I keep these, I'll probably have them painted silver to match the color of the car, since I've concluded that the black doesn't look all that great.

I'd say stick with what you have, but in a shiny silver or polished look.

Get a little more tire sidewall though.

Yeah that's what I meant by them being too thin. I definitely need more sidewall.

The tires are 215/45/17. The tires/rims came off an Acura RSX-S.

I'd like those wheels silver definitely.

Sweet.

Where in Chicago can I take them to get them sanded off and painted silver? Without spending a ton though, since they need new tires as well, and those will cost me upward of $500 alone.

don't go with x-laces....I would probably buy a different set of rim/tires, probably 18s, in silver unless you have center caps for those that fit, then i would get those powdercoated a lighter color

don't go with x-laces....I would probably buy a different set of rim/tires, probably 18s, in silver unless you have center caps for those that fit, then i would get those powdercoated a lighter color

I can't go with 18's. The ride with the 17's is harsh enough.

Crosslaces.... you can't say no. I think the closed wheel look would benefit your car's motif more. That's the missing element, your current wheels throw me off.

I also think it would look good. I just really don't like my current rims, even though it might be really difficult for me to sell them. I'd definitely trade my 17's for a set of x-laces if anyone's interested. If they have really good tires on them, I'd even throw in some extra cash.

Crosslaces.... you can't say no. I think the closed wheel look would benefit your car's motif more. That's the missing element, your current wheels throw me off.

I also think it would look good. I just really don't like my current rims, even though it might be really difficult for me to sell them. I'd definitely trade my 17's for a set of x-laces if anyone's interested. If they have really good tires on them, I'd even throw in some extra cash.

If you were close, I'd do it. Mine are already silver, and in decent shape.

Thanks bro. I'll photoshop those in soon.

I personally like the look of the x-laces. I'll have to see what they look like on my car, but I have a feeling they'd look good with a silver lip the way Adam has them. I'm especially attracted by how wide the rims are.

If anyone else is interested in selling their x-laces or making a trade, let me know.

Where are you located? PA?

Its a 4 hour 45 minute drive between us. If we both went halfway that would be 2 hours 25 minutes. Hell, I'd do it. I'd even drive 3 hours and give you 1 hour 45.

now to answer your question, IMO, understand that, it is IMO, i think you should keep the 17s, they look awesome, there are not alot of them out there, and they are huge. the cross laces look old. 80s old.

but that is just me man....

now to answer your question, IMO, understand that, it is IMO, i think you should keep the 17s, they look awesome, there are not alot of them out there, and they are huge. the cross laces look old. 80s old.

but that is just me man....

If I keep them, I'll need to order spacers for them, and I mean bolt-on spacers. I might keep the color black, but spacers are a definite must. I broke 2 hub bolts using my 5/8 spacers on these 17's. As far as I know, bolt-on spacers will cost you somewhere around $120+. New tires (even online) will still run me $400. That's a chunk of change just to be using 17's that are more narrow than 16" x-laces. But I'll think about it a bit more.