Moving battery to back, thanks everyone, especially gp1138-think problem solved

dohc v6

I dont see how waiting to do that is going to help you now.

unless you put the battery back up front. even then I would throw on a new one and take off the stock. it will be the same upgrade 1 or 2. it will take you all of a half hour if its back up front.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• pontiac6ksteawd

• Garrett Powered

• Dark Ride

I just reread some of your first page and you mentioned that when it does start it dumps fuel and runs like shit for the first 20 sec or so. This sounds to me like leaky injectors as GP1138 pointed out. One way to test them is the ohm out each individual injector but that won't tell you if they are leaking, just if they are completely shot. What I would do is find someone with a fuel pressure tester and check your leakdown on the fuel rail. I'm not sure exactly whats acceptable but for some reason 35 PSI after 15 Minutes seems to stick in my mind, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I would start there.

Hah, I have a fuel pressure tester. The reading is 35, and goes down to 0 in about 5-7 min. I have new 42.5 injectors to put in, so once I get the harness for the OBD II swap I will do the injector install, a flash of the new software to upgrade the injectors and ALT wire upgrade. i cant put the battery up front, there is a turbo in the way now.

If your fuel pressure drops like that its either the pump, which here isnt the case, leaking injectors, which is a possibility, or a bad FPR. if you get your new injectors installed and your still loosing pressure, your FPR is bad. More specifically, the diaphram in the FPR is bad.

I am leaning towards a fuel pressure regulator with that type of a drop off. Even if a injector is leaking, thats alot of PSI to leak out in a short amount of time. I dont remember off the top of my head where the FPR is located at on the TDC, but try pulling off the vacume line to it and see if there is any fuel sitting in the vacume line. If there is, definetly a bad FPR, and fire hazard (my 6000 caught unfire because of this).

Do you guys think that this battery relocation could be killing my ALT. I was having some problems with my stero and a buddie of mine said that he had herd that an ALT going bad would cause the stereo peoblems. I am wondering if maybe that ALT wire does need to be bigger. I mean do you have to increase the size of the ALT when you do a battery relocation?

Took, the plugs out and noticed a bad smell of gas in the cyclinder. So my father and I took the FP relay out and the car ran for a good 15 sec, almost positive the injectors are the problem, we will see though.