[RANT] Look on the bright side. That's what they tell me.

NOHC_WBody

Yep, life was just waiting for me to bend over, so it could kick me in the ass with a spiked, steel toe boot just now.

Wife calls. "Honey, I was going to take your car to get something to eat, and when I started it, and drove away, it started making this horrible banging & knocking noise."

*sighs* Fuck. I hang up the phone, and go meet her. Sure enough, she's sitting there, waiting on me, right where she said she'd be. I go over to the Gutlass and start it. "Rod bearings", I think to myself, because no one would have heard me if I'd said it anyway. Needless to say, it sounded like a bowling alley right on top of the San Andreas fault.

*FUCK!!! FUCK!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:*

Now normally, after careful thought, visions of FWD Buick motors with huffers on them would start dancing through my head, but I was still mad. I can't explain why I was still mad, but I was. I know that this will be the point where I can say "Look honey, it'll be xxx.xx to replace the tree punt wun, or it'll be xx more to just go ahead and swap the L67", but I'm still upset. I don't know why.

Cliff Notes: I killed my family & ate them. Someone call 911. Read the post first, though. :D

Damn, that really sucks. Well, when my pushrod guide plate broke on #1, I got an extremely loud TACK TACK TACK sound. I knew almost immediately what it was too, I was like, hmmm, that sounds like a rocker is hitting a retainer...............SHIT!!!!!! I hate that feeling. I feel for ya, but go ahead and go L67 or TGP motor, make the most of your misfortune

Robby

Rod bearings?

You were leaking coolant into the oil system? That's how many bearings go out.

Ouch... sorry to hear that.

- Erik

It wasn't leaking coolant. The oil pressure sensor was leaking, and I replaced it with a switch, and left it unplugged to seal it. Now this. Christ, it's not like I washed it or anything. (It seemed like every time I did something nice for my old GTP, ie. wash it, etc it would break down)

sorry to hear that bro! You got mad cuz it was your queen! well not really that glorified but it was your car...your aspiration....your...ah, heck wit it, i was never really good wit motivation speeches.

You lost something you loved and now nothing matters but the future...keep your head up and on your way to the L67...Trust me, the cutlass would've wanted this.

When I had my Cutlass, my 3100 threw a rod through the bottom of the oil pan @ 97k, for no apparent reason! I figured since it was a 97 it would be worth it to drop in another 3100, so I did. 2 weeks after I did that, the tranny went! Bye-Bye Cutty!

Aaron

[uPDATE]

1. L67- Found. 26K, out of a 2001 GTP

2. 4T65E-HD -Found. same car

3. 2nd gen driveaxles- same car

4. PCM- same car

5. Engine/tranny harness

6. 3.4 driveaxles.

What else do I need on my shopping list? 8)