Cutlass Body Kit??

synistershadows

i have looked around and not trying to go Ricer but has anyone ever thought about making a kit for our cars? i just cant find something im looking for! what im trying to do is get a muscle car kinda look or a more aggressive look anyways and was also trying to make the front end look not so pointy. anyone have any ideas or could photoshop something together? i was thinking about just adding a lip spoiler to the front and also opening it up a bit more for better air flow?

NOt another one of these threads...

there was an old one made that was ugly, not around anymore, otherwise nothing.

and how in the heck do you consider the front of a cutlass pointy? :lol:

standing back and looking at it with my hood scoop and the lack of that black plastic under the front it looks pointy and was thinking that a lip spoiler moulded around the lower half would look not to bad?

standing back and looking at it with my hood scoop and the lack of that black plastic under the front it looks pointy and was thinking that a lip spoiler moulded around the lower half would look not to bad?

I wouldn't call it pointy, but yes, I've always thought that a valence would look nice. I was going to try and graft one in, but it didnt look right, probably because it was from a sunfire. anyone wanna try a ps?

IMG_2483.jpg

and holy crap my fog was crooked!

ok lip kit then :willynilly: but thats what i was thinking and maybe where theres an indent in between the ribbing on the bumper kinda in the center about cutting that out and opening it up for airflow

well I think everyone knew what he meant by a front lip spoiler, it's not hard to figure that out. some sort of front lip or valence would be cool, but I don't have the money or spare parts to mess with it. If I ever get my hands on a front cover I'd like to fiberglass something on, but that probably wont happen. I've always liked Miko's front end, I'll see if I can find a pic

I don't know how you could get any more aggresive looking than that, with out going all ricey. I'm still trying to figure some ideas out to do something similar, but like I said, I'd need a spare front clip to mess with

For the love of God someone lock this fucking thread. We've had a fucking million of these fucking things.

synistershadows, obivoulsy you have the wrong car for what you want, sell it and get something else.

For the love of God someone lock this fucking thread. We've had a fucking million of these fucking things.

synistershadows, obivoulsy you have the wrong car for what you want, sell it and get something else.

X20000. Unless you are a professional body man, you WILL NOT make a kit that doesn't look cheap and ricey

X20000. Unless you are a professional body man, you WILL NOT make a kit that doesn't look cheap and ricey

even if you are, i doubt it'll happen

I could not have said it better myself...MY advice to you man (and I go to school for this stuff) is that your car simply does not have the right proportions for what you are looking for. A FWD platform will NEVER have the same proportion at a car with RWD architecture, such as a muscle car.

FWD cars will always have a huge front overhang, with the passanger compartment closest to the front axle as possible. This is the opposite of a RWD setup where the "dash to axle" ratio is much higher, in which you have a short front overhang, A-pillars pulled farther back, and a longer hood...the basic long hood/short rear deck profile typical of muscle cars.

The next time you see a Mustang, notice how far back the windsheild is, relative to your Cutlass, and I think you will see what I am talking about.

Too many people assume "styling" is the most important part of a cars looks, when it is really "proportion" that gives a car it's true character. For example, if you put the same styling themes of a Chevy Aveo on a Corvette package...people would still lust after it and say it has nice "styling".

Honestly if you wanted to get really creative you could go to Home Depot and get the molding that goes around the floor of houses, I don't really know how to describe it, but get that, mock it up to the front of your car, make it hard, and presto you have a front lip. It won't be amazing or anything but it works. I've seen it done on Mirages and they actually look pretty good.

Home made lip done right...

PICT0060.jpg

hmmm, that is interesting. see if you can find out what that's called, or at least a better description. I work at Menards, so I could get some for cheap I bet. You're not talking about the plastic/rubber type stuff that a dentist or doctor has on the wall, right down by the floor, in place of wood molding, are you?

hmmm, that is interesting. see if you can find out what that's called, or at least a better description. I work at Menards, so I could get some for cheap I bet. You're not talking about the plastic/rubber type stuff that a dentist or doctor has on the wall, right down by the floor, in place of wood molding, are you?

thats what im thinking. i dont see how good that would work for a lip.

thats what im thinking. i dont see how good that would work for a lip.

Look it up, I know people have done it and have it work.

• 1 month later...

Yes i made it on my 95 Mirage... :) It's look pretty good but you realy need patience! And the "floor molding" it's called Garden Edge ! well if you want to do something cheap .. and you want to let your car look cheap, go this way...