Spray painted my steel wheels

RYS

I started a project this weekend. One of the steel hubcaps fell off my wheels so I removed the remainder of them, but, they looked a bit shabby. I picked up some Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Gloss Black Enamel and Clean Metal primer. I also grabbed a foam sanding block. First I removed the wheels from the car. Next I sanded the rust spots and lightly sanded the rest of the wheel. Then I used some news paper and masking take and taped off the tire. I sprayed two coats of primer and two coats of the gloss black. Here's a few pics and a final product picture. I don't have a pic with them on the car cause I drove it and now they are all salty so when I clean up the car ill post some pics. I also ordered some 14" stainless steel trim rings to throw on.

Started with this.

beforent4.th.jpg

Primed wheel.

primedvm8.th.jpg

Fresh coat of paint.

freshpaintfr1.th.jpg

Final product.

finalqm4.th.jpg

My trim rings should be in today. I love black steelies with chrome bits. I did the same thing with my caprice. But I had RWL tires and chrome lugs FTW.

l_b95bf5eb8e3363b565b643e9f341845d.jpg