1994 NOT prewired for HUD?

ManicMechanic

one gray connector, with a 2x4 configuration, 8 connection ports, for the switch.

one black connector with a blue snap and lock retainer, a 2x8 configuration, 16 connection ports, for the HUD

a pre-wired gp will also have one more connector as well, for the info center.

This topic here answered a lot of my questions Bob.....

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=38408.0

Cool, thanks Rob...

I took a quick glance on mine and didnt see anything, but it was about a 1 second glance before it downpoured. I know a dealer installed a GPS disabling device on my car in that vecinity and some of the wiring is taped outta the way. I think I should lower the kick panel and see if I see anything.

Oh yeah, My build date is 11-95, not 3-96 like I thought.

I have full wiring diagrams available to me, so if I dont have it pre-wired (which I most likely dont) then wiring it in wont be hard, especially since vehicle wiring isnt something new to me.

I know in my '95 GP the wiring was tucked back in the upper left corner of the dash, where the DIC would sit behind the blank cubby they had in it's place. It was wrapped up, and in a wad, and I had to pull it out to even realize that it was a wiring harness. It was almost back by where the pillar meets the dash.

I see something in there all bundled up, but it could just be the main harness. I didnt have a chance to pull off my kick panel and take a gander up. I have off Sunday and I will make it a point to check that out. I gotta look over wiring diagrams and prepare to hardwire HUD in the even I dont come prewired, so I will be right there looking anyway.