1994 NOT prewired for HUD?

ManicMechanic

So..........I had the dash out of the 1994...This freakin' car is NOT pre-wired for HUD! It has ECC, Steering wheel controls and basically every option but HUD and CD. I could not find the connector on top nor down in the sport pod.

I saw another 1994 here in town that had a 3100 and base A/C controls. It was not pre wired for HUD either.

My guess on the white 1994 is that it's a late car (one of the last few made in 1994) and somehow it didn't get the correct wiring harness.

mine (IIRC) was tucked up almost behind the cluster, i found it not looking for it long before I added my HUD. worth a check?

AGREED several cars I've ripped apart had the wiring beneath the guages.

• 1 month later...

1989-94 in cars with ECC as far as I know, don't quote me on that though...My car is a freak...lol I had to wire everything in, it DID NOT come with HUD wiring though it has ECC. I found 3 CSs with ECC in the j-y and they all had HUD wiring (which I grabbed).

No and no...There are people that claim to have seen 1995s with HUD and it's even in the owner's manual, but until I see physical proof that a 1995 CS came with HUD, it's just an urban legend to me.

Now, I do have a factory photo of a 1995 convertible with rear buckets which were not available during production. It does not have HUD, however.

Well I assumed that if it could never have been optioned with it, that a swap is still possible. Time to start hunting the junkyards within the month as soon as I can get some days off work.

So I gotta find a unit from a 94-96 GP... That shouldnt be too hard to track down.

time to reply.

I have seen a 95 cs that was pre-wired, one that came equipped with swrc and acc, but of course not hud equipped and of course with the normal dash.

Certainly GM will have built a prototype, but the dash was redesigned to remove the hud cavity by production time. they took pictures of something for the owners manual afterall, and the cavity cover like the GPs have is present in the diagrams drawn in the manuals

I need to ask our members who have fully loaded 95s of any type to pop the access panel off the left side ot the dash and see if their cars are pre-wired.

and dammit, wheres the 95 vert pic you talk about? it was no longer present in the original thread.

Mine is a loaded 96. Built in March I think. Could it possible be the same way as the few 95's???

unlikely, but do check! pop the access cover and look for unused connectors.

Mine is a loaded 96. Built in March I think. Could it possible be the same way as the few 95's???

unlikely, but do check! pop the access cover and look for unused connectors.

Yeah, I gotta go capitalize on the weather and clean my car out. I will make sure to snag some pics. What would the connectors look like (even though I understand the concept of un-used connectors :lol:)