Front strut bar ...

alphagtp

So I have a 94 GTP, wich kinda of car has the factory FSTB that would fit mine? I was at the junk yard and I only saw the bonneville, eighty eights, and some other buick has them but I don't think they would fit, but I'm not sure...

The Buick F-bar will work too, I have it on my 95 GTP, It cleared the motor just fine, it rubbed on the underside of the hood but I put a small (1/4") dent in the bar where it hits the hood, no more rubbing.

All I did was drill 2 holes into the stock strut tower plates and bolt it to them using bolts with a low profile head. It bends the plate a hair, but its no big deal. If you got really picky you could drill the holes straight through the tower and put the bolts in from underneith. This is probably what I will do next summer, I think if I had done that in the first place there woudl of been no need for the dent in the bar.

Jamie

If you have a GTP with the DOHC (as if there's any other kind, lol) you will need to find a 1993-95 convertible. 3.1, 3100 or 3.4.

An STB from a 1990-92 3.1 car WILL NOT fit a 3.4 car

I have a 3.4 bar that i could be persuaded to part with...If you don't mind it having been bent somehow - the car I got it from had not been wrecked. It fits fine though.

Picture004-1.jpg

dude, just make one.....

i got my front strut bar outta of 94 buick lebsabre, i redrilled the holes on the bracket, and reused the square stock, all you had to do was loosen the square stock to fit longer, and you are all set.

just go to like I-435 and 12th(truman road) and pick one up from U-pick and pull

1-4.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

dude, just make one.....

i got my front strut bar outta of 94 buick lebsabre, i redrilled the holes on the bracket, and reused the square stock, all you had to do was loosen the square stock to fit longer, and you are all set.

just go to like I-435 and 12th(truman road) and pick one up from U-pick and pull

Too late, I already got 'em all! :burnout:

Actually when I go junkyarding I hit up the Pick N Pull, and the U Pick it and usually find a vert in one of the 2. There was a vert in the U Pick it last time I went (month ago)

How does that bar hold up after it gets re drilled up by the square bar and down at the brackets

It doesn't look like an extra 2 holes would weaken it at all. They're pretty strong. That is a good idea, last time I was at the yard I counted probably 8 cars with that STB.

how much do you want for it, bend and all

Let me get things organized and go from there...Plus I need to get it off my car and put on the 3.1 bar.

I dont know if those bars will clear my 3.4, it seems like it wont!! and Im to lazy to drill holes and all of that, lol. Im going to give it a try to find a 3.1 cutty bar, if I dont find one in a month or so, I'll go for the buick one, the junkyard I went to had a lot of them

If you have a GTP with the DOHC (as if there's any other kind, lol) you will need to find a 1993-95 convertible. 3.1, 3100 or 3.4.

An STB from a 1990-92 3.1 car WILL NOT fit a 3.4 car

Are you correcting yourself ?? :confused:So i need to find A convertible 93-95 with a 3.4??