3.1 Cooling System

88red4cyl

See, this is what throws me, I've done all that. Step by step, and it still overheats. Hell to the point to where this car shut off on me. I was on the highway and it was overheating, but the damn thing isn't leaking coolant anymore. but how the hell could a blown LIM eat 2 gallons of coolant. So I toss another 1/2 gallon in it. It cools down, and then overheats again!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!> Pardon my language, but I've about had it with this car. It's acting like there is no coolant, BUT, until yesterday, it was runnign fine, up to Tstat temp, then cool, up again in a few and it steadied right about the middle. Now it's like there is no coolant in there...what the hell..I'm going to kill my car.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 88red4cyl

• ManicMechanic

• pwmin

• LumiDriver

Can anyone help with this? I'm sitting here leeching off a hotel wireless with my car overheating withing 2 minutes of starting up. I just changed the water pump (cause that was the main issue), and it's not leaking anywhere from what I can see (such as puddles on the ground etc).

I'm stuck basically, I have no way to fix it if it is something big and I have no money to get a new car because my parents hate me...fuck.

I normally would think that, but it's not boiling over, there is no coolant anywhere in the engine bay. I think that it's being burned and I think that the LIM completely failed on the last drive. It won't stay running.