lumina seats

greencutlassdrvr

i have one, or my brother does, with a tan interior, its carpet too, and i have to admit, im not a fan of those seats, they are too uncomfortable with the metal plate in the back to protect the officer from protrusions ( they took this idea from the P71/73 crown vics) by items that the arrestee may have still in its posession

overall, not a fan of the seat not to mention its only two way adjustable, foreward and back and the seat back has a nob on the side to move it back and forth but its verry sensitive

yea i threw some on my cutlass i ran across them at the j/y for 30 bucks for both... they look pretty nice.. i find some what comefertable, well my cutlass seats were pretty shot though any upgrade feels better haha

they arnt that bad, im just a big guy and i like the pooffy padded seats that you sink into, its more relaxed the recaro seats hold posture much better, and they are lighter, possibly thinking of adding a set of buckets in my car if i decide to take a more sportier approach to driving in the grandma car

Strange thing happened to me today. I ran across this tread on Saturday morning before our Northern Illinois w-body meet. I never have seen a Lumina with Recaros in it any where in any junk yard within the last 4 years that I've been going to. Well me and the wife went to the junk yard as a date (ha ha) and I saw a white Lumina out of the corner of my eye. I said to her "I bet it has the police package", of course she had no idea of what I was talking about. I walked over to the car and saw the Recaros seats inside. They were in close to new conditions. I stepped into the car and tested them out; she even got in to feel the difference. I then quickly started to remove them after convincing my wife to letting me buy them. $29.99each + tax and I was happier then a pig in mud. I got them home and starting swapping them out. It was a bit dark out so I needed a flashlight. About 25mins later, Nirvana. The seats are very comfortable and very supportive. I'm 6'-1" and 300lbs, I'm no small cookie. I love them! I went for a drive and everything, even my wife likes how they hold you and support your body. Best $60 I've spent all year. I'll post pics tomorrow if there is enough sunlight out after I get home from work tomorrow f you'd like to see.

yea theyre not bad..i picked them up for 40 bucks not bad for a set of almost new seats... ill post pics of mine too... i just gotta get them too match my interior

yea theyre not bad..i picked them up for 40 bucks not bad for a set of almost new seats... ill post pics of mine too... i just gotta get them too match my interior

Yeah I bought seat covers but they look much better without them. You can't see the shapes and contours of the seat with the cover on it. Even though their beige, I like them better like that. F those covers, they screw up the looks for the seats. What I was really surprised about was the width of the seats. They are very narrow when you first see them but they look great in my Z34. Not as wide as the other seats but they turned out looking great once installed. I'll post pics tonight!

Ever since the Recaro Trans AMs I have viewed Recaro seats as 80s white trash additives.

Recaros are the second best aftermarket race seats, Sparco being number one! Your insane Mr. Insane you F'in maniac.

Your insane Mr. Insane you F'in maniac.

:lol:

I understand where he's coming from though, as a tacky addition to an otherwise stock car. I still think they look pertty good, but the TA ones were pretty ugly

I understand where he's coming from though, as a tacky addition to an otherwise stock car. I still think they look pertty good, but the TA ones were pretty ugly

Well my car is far from Stock. Only thing is that their beige and my interior is mostly black.

Well my car is far from Stock. Only thing is that their beige and many interior is mostly black.

Try to find a pair of Recaros from a 1988-89 Isuzu I-Mark RS. They're black and nearly identical to the Lumina seats.

Well my car is far from Stock. Only thing is that their beige and many interior is mostly black.

Try to find a pair of Recaros from a 1988-89 Isuzu I-Mark RS. They're black and nearly identical to the Lumina seats.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know that. That would be awesome.

Alright here are some pics. My interior is dirty, mostly stuff that was under my stock seats. I haven't cleaned the new seats of yet, may have to wait till the weekend because of the daylight saving times change and lack of sunlight. I had seat covers on them yesterday and today but I ended up returning them tonight, the stitching sucked and start to snag.

Seat.

IMG_8942.jpg

Space between console.

IMG_8949.jpg

Track at front.

IMG_8947.jpg

Back.

IMG_8946.jpg

Recaro!

IMG_8941.jpg

Track again.

IMG_8940.jpg

Side: tilt knob and track.

IMG_8939.jpg

Semi-full photo

IMG_8938.jpg

THE END.

find a cloth tan rear seat and slap it in, and you're golden

forget that idea, that color looks aweful in there, have them redone in black if you can, then they would look sweet.