Ac Delco Hu problems... "solved"

Guest alpahgtp

Guest alpahgtp

Hello everybody, here is the thing: I had my car parked for a few weeks and the battery died, I start it back up, and my radio locked up, I already had my radio unlocked before and changed the security code, the problem now is that as soon as I press the keys "hr/min" or "any" other key it shows "InOP" on the screen, then it goes back to the "Loc", and that is all it does, do you guys have any idea of what happened? Do these radios have a fuse? I haven't unplugged anything from the back yet, but I'm hoping to get some help here first, thanks in advance...btw the radio came stock on my 94' GTP.

they sell a tool that has a couple of AA batteries in it that you plug into the cig lighter, so when you disconnect the battery it doesnt reset the radio and lock you out.

there is a procedure that you can do but I do not know it. there are several here that do though. good luck.

Do you have the security code? If so, here are the best instructions I can give you:

First turn on your key, (Radio says loc) press the hour button (it should come up with 000)

Press the hour button until you get the first 2 digits of your code, then press the min button until you get the second 2 digits.

Press AM/FM.

Radio should now say SEC.

Turn the radio on.

If you said when you first push the hour button & you don't get 000 but instead get INOP, you must leave your radio on for 1 hour to reset it (ignition in the ON postition. This is because it has gone in to the next level of lock up. print this out and don't play with the radio to much until you have all the info. You have eight attempts to try and unlock the radio before it goes back to INOP mode. You can only do three sets of eight tries before the radio locks up for good.

good luck

Guest alpahgtp

Thanks a lot, I think it did went to that next level, because no matter what I press or hold, it says "InOP" so I'll wait an hour and see if it helps, only one question though, if after the hour it says "InOP" do I need to wait another hour, or that's when you talk about having so many times to unlock it?? about the procedure, I have the write up to unlock it from here, so I should be ok right??

Guest alpahgtp

thanks a lot for the help, finally got my radio working, and the solution was: turn on the key and wait for an hour, then just put the code in and that is it !! I guess it did went to a second stage like venom said, so thanks, problem solved.