Lumina idle..video inside! **Update Top of Pg.4**

1990lumina

Since it runs fine other than idle, I doubt you have a worn camshaft.

EDIT: Saw more info in your edited post right after I posted. :lol: The PCV hose on your '90 should attach underneath the plenum, so you have to remove the plenum to be able to see the hose under there. The smoke machine will definitely help to pinpoint a leak if you have one.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1990lumina

• mfewtrail

• 89SupremeCutty

• ns87

Since it runs fine other than idle, I doubt you have a worn camshaft.

that's not always the case. his cam can be worn enough to affect his idle, but not performance. like i said earlier, it might not even be his cam, it could be sticky lifters.

I know its a bit of of a pain, but definitely OHM those fuel injectors if you run out of ideas. It sounds just like my car before I replaced them

Pumped it full of smoke today and nothing leaked.

We used the Tech I again and actuated the EGR pintle valves. One of them wasn't closing again properly (indicated by the shitty idle when opened and continued when trying to close). So I went and got another EGR after school and put it on. It is used, but looked a lot cleaned then the one from my car.

The car still idles the same and nothing is better. I guess I've move on to the injectors since I can't see anything else wrong, and my SES light never comes on when it's running like this :(