• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pwmin

• Euro

• theoneliln

• GtipGary

• 3 weeks later...

I love my lq1, I thought about swapping at one time, but I really do like the power band of the Lq1. Besides something that runs high 14's or low 15's is plenty quick enough to take most of what is on the road and get out in traffic and go. I've had almost no probs with my Lq1 even at 165k miles. It runs perfect and once at highway speed keeps up with the wifes gtp, but her car will kick my ass from 0-60. After I replace my timing belt and do the cam timing mod and replace all the gaskets from the heads on up (my rear cam carrier gasket has a minor oil leak), I'll probably save up and start getting stuff together to do a turbo set up. I may even get some major head work done before I replace the head gaskets.

i love my LQ1 wouldent trade it for anything!!

but then again i wont be doing to many mods to it ANYTIME soon i figure why mod this engine when i can save up and go out and get a nice little toy project car say a 69 charger or camaro???

then maybe after im done with that project ill mod out my LQ1

the first CAR i owned was a 92 z34 (best of 15.8 stock auto)

i own a 03 mazda 6i 5 speed which will become my auto x car (im building now)

im going to get an fbod to be my 1/4 car

then i will get an LQ1 car either CS vert or Z34 5 speed, and it will be my highway roll monster

the last 2 will be after i grad college, damn my future wife will hate me

• 6 years later...
One of the best posts ever.

haha agreed.

I love my lq1, I thought about swapping at one time, but I really do like the power band of the Lq1. Besides something that runs high 14's or low 15's is plenty quick enough to take most of what is on the road and get out in traffic and go. I've had almost no probs with my Lq1 even at 165k miles. It runs perfect and once at highway speed keeps up with the wifes gtp, but her car will kick my ass from 0-60. After I replace my timing belt and do the cam timing mod and replace all the gaskets from the heads on up (my rear cam carrier gasket has a minor oil leak), I'll probably save up and start getting stuff together to do a turbo set up. I may even get some major head work done before I replace the head gaskets.

what LQ1 were you running low 14s in? my auto couldn't pull under 16.4 :/

not really...tangential dysfunction...started off searching for "Myrtle Beach", then would click on user profiles & scroll through their most recent posts (most of which don't post anymore, so it took me back a few **years** within minutes). did a lot of page 1-on reading and occasionally commented. before I knew it, 6-7 hrs had flown & I was back in Ohio.

as much as I love driving, I was in an accident the day I left for vacation & it felt good to let the other 2 family members drive my Charger home yesterday...let me relax.

If someone came up with a good kit to convert it to timing chain (like intrigue 3.5s) I might build one :)

That might be an idea to run to the Fiero dudes... They love this engine for some reason.

Everytime I search LQ1 I always find someone having it in a Fiero.

the TDC 3.4 is the worlds greatest engine...when its on the stand, put it into a car and its a service nightmare.

id only own one again if it was in the back of an open tube chassis...:lol: