What to do with monoleaf

CRONER

I have 96 Regal GS and it has monoleaf in the rear...

I thought about lowering the whole car, but now i just want to make it stiffer.

So what to do with the monoleaf in the rear... for the front i guess i can just get stiffer springs, but for the rear???

Anyone done anything like this??

Depends what your willing to spend... have a look at my thread a little bit down this section, I completely deleted the monoleaf in favor of coil overs.

Or you could go with a stiffer monoleaf, there is a company in Ontario (I think) that makes them, maybe someone else will pipe up with the name of the company, cause its not coming to midn right now. (its gonna bug me for the rest of the day too)

Jamie

I swapped the stock monoleaf in my gp to a birchmount monoleaf, it lowered it about 1.5" and still my drop a little bit more after it and the new struts settle a little bit. It stiffened it up a little bit, but still pretty comfortable

The conversion was easy, although I did a swap of all the components so I did run into a few hitches here and there that slowed me down. Bolts breaking or being seized in place.

I did the front and rear coil overs, in the rear I also did lateral links, trailing arms, sway bar and strut tower brace, in the front I also did inner and outer tie rod ends, ball joints, control arm bushings, poly mounts for the sway bar and a front STB (Front STB is new this weekend).

I have yet to sit down and do a tally of all my costs, I should get on that before I start losing receipts... but I'm pretty certain that the total cost is under $2000 canadian. The 4 coil overs and rear lateral links and trailing arms were $1070 canadian, thats before boarder taxes and crap, that was another $215.

Jamie

Thanks for the info..

Where did you get your parts from..

I'm also going to need sway bars as well.

You should take a look at the lowering thread right above this one.

Either way, I've got a 95 Regal, and I put in a Flex-A-Form custom made fiberglass leaf spring. The leaf was $350 shipped, and it lowered me about 2" in the rear and made it a lot stiffer. For the fronts I got the Suspension Techniques front lowering springs, which also dropped me about 2". The ride is pretty stiff now.

As for the front sway bar, you've got the biggest one you can get, but I'd suggest getting some Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings from a local AutoZone for it. They make a pretty huge difference. For the rear, get the Addco sway bar, and you should be set. Be aware that you'll need to remove one of the rear struts in order to install that sway bar. That should be somewhere around $150. I think I got mine for $158 shipped.