1994 olds cutlass brake issue

rockfangd

ok so i have a huge issue, within 3 years i have replaced 3 sets of pads and rotors, 4 months ago i replaced the calipers, slides, and everything possible, now the problem is not matter how hard i try i keep on getting warped rotors, :mad: so every time i try to stop it is aweful. especially if i do like 75 and try to stop the rear PR brake makes alot of noise. I would hate to damage anything else and have to start all over. any advice would be highly appreciated, also if it helps my emergency brake works really good and all caliper are no more than 5 months old

Is this consistently happening with one particular wheel? If so, I would suggest changing out your brake hose. When the hoses go they crack on the inside and you can't see it. The broken piece will then act as a one-way valve, trapping the brake fluid in the caliper and not releasing it. This will cause you go go through pads and also warp the rotors from heat.

Maybe change them all just to be sure and see if that improves the problem.

That's about all I can think of since you say you have all new hardware on there.

Good luck, hope this helps! :smile:

Also, what type of pads are you using.

I made the mistake of buying cheap rotors once. They didn't last very long at all and my car was jiggling. I have done several break jobs until i found a winning combo

Ceramix pads and rotors from NAPA. Also make sure you bleed your brakes properly with a tube connected to the bleeder valve. I would replace the hoses too, or upgrade to the braided kind.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/2003/bf30322.htm

omg i do not even want to get into wheel bearings i changed both in the rear and 4 in the front, when i release the brake pedal there is no restriction in the line to tell me it is a line, but with my car anything is possible. the pads i use are wearever gold and do not wear fast but the rotors are pretty cheap. how are drilled and slotted rotors as i think the heat is what commonly warps our rotors.

when you try to stop hard i think it gets pretty hot :eek: