Will 8.5" wheels fit?

Schudini

I'm trying to determine if a wheel that is 8.5" wide with offset of 35mm will fit my 92 gp w/B4U that now has x-laces that are 8" wide with an offset of 25mm.

According to the wheel offset calculator, the inner clearance will be 16mm less. So the real question is will the wheels rub on anything if I put them on the car? I would also like to put 245mm tires on the 8.5" wide wheels.

Could I correct any potential problems by adding 10mm spacers?

Anyone have experience or like to comment on my idea?

Also, for those of you who have autocross experience, how does changing wheel size/width effect the class/category that you compete in? Do they consider it modified if you don't run a stock size?

those should fit. spacers are OK IMO, but others will say not to run them. if you do have to use spacers, i would recommend installing longer studs to compensate.

I run 1/4" spacers all winter and have never had a single problem as a result. I don't think I could use spacers on the cross laces without longer studs though. So chances are, like Independentfool said, with an 8.5" rim you will definitely want to look into getting longer studs.

Other than that I think you should be fine, other ppl run a 245 tire without major rubbing issue.

Jamie

This brings up a good point. I have a lumina and i just got crosslaces. Do you think I would be able to run the 245's on them without spacers? Pretty much, my question is did the TGP's have spacers?

This brings up a good point. I have a lumina and i just got crosslaces. Do you think I would be able to run the 245's on them without spacers? Pretty much, my question is did the TGP's have spacers?

I'm pretty sure you can do 245's with no spacers. TGP's had no spacers stock

you wont want spacers on the lumina anyway since the xlaces will already stick out past the fenders.

schud: 245s are really close to rubbing when lowered, so i would put some spacers on.