96 Lumina Low Coolant/overheating (now with pics!)

glassvial

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glassvial

• Crazy K

• Stevo

• slick

Top Posters In This Topic

My 95 Regal does the same thing with the temp gauge. On hot days it will sit at half or just slightly over. And if I get stuck in traffic the check engine light comes on. I have resulted to just shutting the car off and restarting to turn the check engine light off :cussing:

For me ... I know it's a gasket .. perhaps not a head gasket but deffinately an intake gasket. Whats stopping me is the fact that I seriously believe the electrical on this car is screwed.

Figured I'd show you guys what's going on here. Motor's torn apart and the nice shiny heads are back from the machine shop. Pressure tested, cleaned up and re-surfaced all for $210.

Any suggestions on anything else I should be doing now that I'm this far into it? If not, enjoy the pics :)

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

• 5 years later...

Most "overheating" problems are solved by replacing the coolant sensor with an original AC Delco unit-I've had a few problems with aftermarket like Standard & Wells-they don't seem to have the right resistance.

Most "overheating" problems are solved by replacing the coolant sensor with an original AC Delco unit-I've had a few problems with aftermarket like Standard & Wells-they don't seem to have the right resistance.

Old Thread BTW