hoodilio

I have been lookin in the aftermarket for some new wheels, i have decided on 17x7's and 235/55-17's for tires because that is what the new Lumina SS and Monte SS are goin to have. I have been having trouble finding rims with the right bolt pattern and backspacing, so if anyone knows of any rims in that size that would look got on a first gen W (like my cutlass supreme coupe), i need all the help can get.

I am looking for some wheels also. Check out PEP BOYS They have some limited styles and sizes,but their getting more in than they used to.

I just bought a Black 94 Z34 Lumina and I think I'm going to buy from PEP BOYS.

The wheels are called Pro Line style 917, which are 10 spoke 17"x7" and look really good in gunmetal grey. I have to match them up to my car and see if I want to go with gunmetal or silver.

Just another option for you as their wheel prices are hard to beat.

They also carry Ventus tires.

If you want a 235 tire, you need to get at least a 7.5" wide wheel. I have 7" wheels, and the max tire I can fit is a 225. Just make sure you get everything check out first before you go buying rims. Ive been there done that.

i have Enkie 9-spoke (dont remember model number) on mine (92 POntiac Grand Prix) and they look tight as hell, i get all kinds of compliments on em... although i have a 55 series tires that just barely too big, it kinda rubs on the front bumper barely. get some 17s with 50 or 45 series sidewalls and you should be fine.... i know enkie makes a lot of rims wth the 5-108 lug pattern....

- Justin

I'm selling some 18x8 inch Mille Miglia Spiders with Yokohama Parada Spec 2's (225/40/18) with approx. 40% tread left for $700 if anyones interested

So, 235/60-17 tires will or will not fit on 17x7 rims, or do i have to get 17x7.5's, also what is the backspacing on 1993-1994 Cutlass Sawblade wheels?

I think 235/60R17 is way too big. Too much sidewall and over 1" larger overall diameter than stock. I'd bet money that it would rub.

You'd be safer with 235/50R17. 235/45R17 is guaranteed to fit without rubbing, but that's because overall diameter is over 1" smaller than stock.

Would a 17x7 rim, with a 5x114.5 lug, and a +42mm offset fit on a first gen w-body (like my 1993 cutlass)

With these cars, there is absolutely no way to know without trying it.

The caliper bracket rubs on MANY wheels even if the offset, bolt pattern, and size are fine.

• 2 months later...

Hey i have noticed that maney w-body owners put the 18 inch American Eagle 077 wheels on their rides, are these a direct bolt on or do you guys use spacers. Also i have seen the 185 series American EAgle wheels, and i like them alot, they are 17x8, 5x115 bolt patern, +38 backspacing, and 22 pounds (that is lighter then the 077 series). Do you guys think the 185 series will fit on my 1993 cutlass, or will i need a spacer. Here is a link of them http://www.3800performance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=3800P&Product_Code=AE-185&Category_Code=WT_GP

Hey guys I emailed 3800performance.com, who distributes the 185 series AE wheels. He then contacted American Eagle Wheel company and they said that the 185 series WOULD fit on the first gen w-bodies, they will not it the caliper.