'89 Grand Prix,3.1 motor question.

Toxie

Maybe somebody can help me out here.

I have an '89 Grand Prix with a 3.1 and was wondering what is the newest year of 3.1 motor that would fit in my car. Also would a turbo 3.1 fit and would it be a hassle to put in as compared to a regular 3.1?

Since you already have a 3.1 any other 3.1 will fit.

I don't know what year they stopped making the 3.1 engine but it should still be the same as your 3.1, as long as it's a 60 degree V6 :)

Oh, and If you can get your hands on a working 3.1 Turbo, sheeeit, go for it! :lol:

-MaD-

If your engine is worn out and you just want to replace it, the newest model 3.1 that is a drop-in replacement would be a 93 (or 94 out of a Lumina).

If you just want to know what will FIT, well, a 2002 model year 3100 V6 will fit. Only thing is all the wiring and transmission will need to be swapped out as well.

A turbo 3.1 will fit just fine, but would be a little bit of a hassle as you'd have to run wires for the wastegate solenoid as well as having to replace the transmission mount bracket (the turbo version has a bracket welded to the top of it to support the crossover pipe). I think you might need new fuel lines as well. Not a huge project if you can get a 3.1 Turbo engine complete with manifolds, crossover, turbo, and all necessary plumbing.