Looking for a couple of parts/advice

kbviper

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum. I'm wondering if anyone would know a source for the following parts:

1. The rubber windshield molding that pushes into the metal frame on the top and two sides. I've got one vert missing it completely, another with it messed up a bit from when the w/s was replaced.

2. The two plastic cups that the pins go into on the header.

Need lots of other parts for one including trunk side lining pieces, and could use a teal hood and p/f fender.

Also, has anyone replaced their %@$% door handles. They are good on two of the cars I have, and messed up on the other, although they still work. I bbought two good used handles, keyed the same, c/w key.

I have the 1994 shop manual (car is a 94) but I was just wondering how anybody who has swapped the handles found how it was to do.

as for the #1 and #2, good luck, I know a bunch of us are looking for them :sad: best bet is to hit up as many junkyards as possible. Door handles aren't that hard, however I have never done it (or had to)

• 1 month later...

The door handle is pretty easily replaced. But, the new one will break if your door is rubbing on the sill. These convertibles get a bit swayback over time. You can shim the lower door hinge and fix it for good. I bought two driver door handles in 6 months before I learned this one.

David