diagnostic connector pinouts

Snuffit

does anyone have obd 1 and 2 pinouts for grand prix's?

Ive got a 1995 grand prix gtp, its got a obd 1 style connector, but it doesnt have the ability to do flash diagnostics, i know the only way we have been able to check codes was a snap on mt2500 or a tech 1 or 2(dont remember which) but ive got the feeling i can make an adapter to let any obd 2 connector read its codes.

any other advice on what to do would be great, i just put a new motor in the car and want to see why its in limp mode for the trans, and why the cel is on

yeah its a 1.5 system, but from what ive been reading (im a tech at a chysler dealer) the computer should be able to talk with any scan tool, if the pins are in the right location

no its a obd1 dlc, trust me... its a 12 pin rectangular connector, one pin in each of the two right hand end holes(top and bottom), then one pin 3rd from left on bottom row, wires are tan, black, and green. its gotta be able to be read with a generic scan tool, because all data transmitted through dlc's has to conform to standards, i just need to know which pin does what, if you all want a picture, ill go take one.

the car is a obd 1.5, AND the connector is still the same as used on obd 1 cars, but repinned.

I am curious about this myself. I plan to grab an oOBD2 connector and splice it off of the orginal connector and seeing if the codes can be read.

In no way will I remove or damage the original obd 1/5 connector, in case I find a place to get it read, or if the obd 2 scan tool cannot communicate.

Yet another project I plan to do next week.

no its a obd1 dlc, trust me... its a 12 pin rectangular connector, one pin in each of the two right hand end holes(top and bottom), then one pin 3rd from left on bottom row, wires are tan, black, and green. its gotta be able to be read with a generic scan tool, because all data transmitted through dlc's has to conform to standards, i just need to know which pin does what, if you all want a picture, ill go take one.

You can't do it, Autozone was unable to do it when I tried. The 1.5 ECM is so obscure, nobody has tried to reverse-engineer the pins or cared enough to find ways to reprogram it. If you think you can, PLEASE DO, but be aware, you will be forging an unpaved and rough path. Weather the storm, help us 1995 guys out!

Advance can read the codes, but they had the orange dealy with the different connector adapters. Good luck getting the $15 scanner to do it.

well, we have alldata at work, and im good friends with the gm dealers parts department, so im going to dig around and see if i cant find the difference in dlc's, i know these things can be read with a cheap obd 1 scan tool, but the freaken pins are in the wrong location.. its all serial data...

Ok this is retarded. I thought most of these scanners these days can read just about anything. So why not just get the adapter for it? Huh Mr. BiG Time tech with parts friends? It's OBD I. But don't hold your breathe for much longer because OBD is being phazed out and replaced with Intel.

Ok this is retarded. I thought most of these scanners these days can read just about anything. So why not just get the adapter for it? Huh Mr. BiG Time tech with parts friends? It's OBD I. But don't hold your breathe for much longer because OBD is being phazed out and replaced with Intel.

What the HELL are you talking about?

I personally used a Tech 2 on the Bonneville. A Tech 2 CAN read 94-95 OBD 1 cars.

with an adapter is my assumption. so if you can;'t find an adapter wire in an obd port off the obd 1.5 and see if that works!

First search came up with this. Too bad the picture isn't working for me, but should be helpful if you atleast know the plug and pin #.

http://www.mymp3car.com/MP3Car/obdII%20pinout.html

Here is the second link that I found, shows the plug and another pinout chart.

http://pinouts.ru/Devices/car_obd2_pinout.shtml

And another, seems more helpful.

http://www.auterraweb.com/obdiipinout.html

I've always been kinda interested in doing some sort of conversion on this myself, although I've never had the need to. There has got to be some way to swap to one or the other plug.

I personally used a Tech 2 on the Bonneville. A Tech 2 CAN read 94-95 OBD 1 cars.

with an adapter is my assumption. so if you can;'t find an adapter wire in an obd port off the obd 1.5 and see if that works!

Like I said, my Bonneville had an OBD-II plug, which I assumed all OBD-1.5 cars had.