Is there a write up.. (UPDATED Installed Pics p3)

97loudcut

Umm with the car on the ground we took the STB off, unscrewed that giant nut, pulled the big thick rubber gaurd out, pulled the jounce bumper out.

Then I called Tony and Adam and found out that you have to take the whole strut assembly out to do this. There is no way to get the spring out with the tires on/off if everything is still attached.

Yeah, its too bad, most cars with MacPherson front struts don't use cartridges. The only advantage to ours is that you don't have to get the spring transfered. But when you want to springs on you have to remove alot of stuff.

I also took the whole assembly out.....but then again, i was doin the tranny at the same time. My advise to you is do NOT use some cheap shitty spring compressors. The ones i used were hard to keep even, and kept sliding on the spring as i was compressing them. PAIN IN THE ASS. they added a good hour and a half to the job.

Well if you use a good set of spring compressors on the spring, you shouldnt have a problem at all. John did use spring compressors and he didnt take out the whole assembly, just the strut. It can be done without doing all that extra work.

I took the whole assy. out of the car....its been nearly 3 yrs since I did it....dont' remember too much....

the Mechanic i bought the cutty from helped me do it.

So a mechanic owned that car? Explains a lot of the half-ass fixes on it. Slap him a few times for me.

I took the whole assy. out of the car....its been nearly 3 yrs since I did it....dont' remember too much....

So a mechanic owned that car? Explains a lot of the half-ass fixes on it. Slap him a few times for me.

like what?

IIRC, he replace the water pump and plugs before i got it....

I know Sean did the alt, and all the intake stuff and the chip....

what else is half-assed?

like what?

IIRC, he replace the water pump and plugs before i got it....

I know Sean did the alt, and all the intake stuff and the chip....

what else is half-assed?

Well.. the rear speakers were held to the deck with large wood screws.

And I really love the hackjob A/C compressor fix. The On/Off switch is a nice touch.

I know there's more I'm forgetting. I'll remember more if I go out there and look at it.

huh, there were at least 2 owners before him though.......

so it might've been them.....he was cool, he deff. knew his stuff (he was a full time Buick dealer mechanic.......i doubt he was that much of a hack....

.....as much as this guy hated working on ford stuff......i doubt he was a hack.

Oh. I thought he was the first owner. JESUS. How many owners has this poor car had?

First Owner (unknown)

Second Owner (unknown)

Third Owner (mechanic)

Fourth Owner (You)

Fifth Owner (Sean)

Sixth Owner (Me)

What a whore of a car! :lol:

Oh. I thought he was the first owner. JESUS. How many owners has this poor car had?

First Owner (unknown)

Second Owner (unknown)

Third Owner (mechanic)

Fourth Owner (You)

Fifth Owner (Sean)

Sixth Owner (Me)

What a whore of a car! :lol:

yeah....she's been around....

I was easy on her though.....for the most part.

Fuck this, I'm paying to have them installed. I like to do things myself but 30+ hours a week of work, and being a full time student, I cannot find the time, tools, or garage to do it..

..whatever, atleast I'll install the FFP coilovers myself.

Pictures to come soon.