BerettaZ

I'm planning on turbo charging my beretta and I had some questions about the computer chip. I'm going to be using the gen heads along with the turbo set and wanted to know if the stock tgp chip would work fine with them? Or would the other chips that Jeff make work better. If the answer is no, is their anyone in california that knows how to do custom tunes to the tgp chip?

Which gen heads? Gen II or III? III will obviously give you troubles due to the fact that the exhaust ports on the heads are a different shape than the TGP manifolds.

There has been a few posts about using the TGP setup on a beretta so read around a little more or search for it. Your going to need to add a wire for the boost control solenoid and use a 2 bar map sensor etc etc.

Depending what year beretta you have you may need to either use a custom crossover or upgrade to the 92+ engine/tranny mounts.

Gen 3 heads/intakes are what im going to be using. yeah I've read about the other problems with turboing a beretta but I want to know if the stock chip will handle the addition air flow of the new top end. I know Jeff has a top end swap on his but what exhuast manifolds is he using? this is a 91 or 92 beretta(just bought the car) but the mount conversion wouldn't be a problem because I have a dead 92 corsica in the backyard :).

Well, its still a huge pain to cut the mounts off the corsy and weld them onto the beretta in the right place.

Your best bet is going to be getting a custom chip burned for your application or buying a programmable engine management system like a haltech or Tech III or some other system.

The adjustability you'll gain will save you money in the future. Just think...everytime you want to turn up the boost or upgrade the turbo or whatever you'll need a new chip. Just get the haltech. Its only about $900.