Hitting noise in front left side when going over bumps

LuminaASG

Not that I haven't had enough problems with this car (just put on new head gaskets, again!! :evil: ) there is something definately loose in the driver's side front end.. I have no idea what it could be. new parts include but aren't limited to (whatever) ball joints, tie rods, half shafts, struts, springs, strut mounts, rims, tires, hub assembly.. well that should be about it for under where the noise is. The only thing I'm thinking of is it could be the strut mount since I stripped out one of the bolts when putting it in, but it sounds like the noise is coming from somewhere lower than that...

Anyone think it may be my control arm bushing??? It also sometimes makes a hitting noise when I turn the wheel about 1/2 to 3/4 turn either direction.. Everything seems tight but if you rock the car when it's parked you can hear something hitting....

I have the same problem.

My suspension guy got under the car while I turned the wheel and he said it was the rack making the noise. I also found out it was leaking. I'm saving up to replace it.