Installed my intrax springs, and have a question!

tdaye

I'd bitch out Intrax, get my money back and put the factory springs back, with 1.5 turns cut out, which is the maximum that you can cut and the spring still sits in it's place when you jack up the car(it won't fall out if you jump your car or hit a bump). The car won't bounce with the KYB's, but if you try a cheaper strut- say Monroe, it will.

I'd bitch out Intrax, get my money back and put the factory springs back, with 1.5 turns cut out, which is the maximum that you can cut and the spring still sits in it's place when you jack up the car(it won't fall out if you jump your car or hit a bump). The car won't bounce with the KYB's, but if you try a cheaper strut- say Monroe, it will.

Not sure I see why...I got the 1.8" drop they said I would and the car handles WAY better. I just want the car lower. the front would bottom out on the bumpstops with the factory cut springs.

The Intrax springs that everyone has been using are not intended for 1st Gen w-bodies, they are intended for the new monte carlos, so don't call them bitching, it will get you no where. You are using a part on your car that was not designed to be in there in the first place.

wow... 1st it was my OLD stock springs that bottomed out. I don't have that problem with the Intrax one because I modified the bumpstops. #2 i have NO problem with the Intrax springs, I got what I paid for and they do exactly what I was told they would do. I'm simply saying that I want the front of my car even lower.

How about buying the ST springs and sell the Intrax. Cutting coils off a spring is the worst way to lower something. Not only does it change all the springs rates, but it makes it unsafe.

you could be held's guinea pig and buy the front coilovers

Someone here as already tried them. and from the thread, I guess they didnt like em too awful much...

What do you guys know about these coilovers? I tried contacting held about them and when I asked if they incorporate some kind of a strut bearing, silence followed. You know, gotta have strut bearings, otherwse the PS pump will die rather quick.

How about buying the ST springs and sell the Intrax. Cutting coils off a spring is the worst way to lower something. Not only does it change all the springs rates, but it makes it unsafe.

I thought Intrax gives a lower drop...1.8" and the ST gives less....no?

I dunno what ST is rated....but i got at least 2".

you could be held's guinea pig and buy the front coilovers

Someone here as already tried them. and from the thread, I guess they didnt like em too awful much...

What do you guys know about these coilovers? I tried contacting held about them and when I asked if they incorporate some kind of a strut bearing, silence followed. You know, gotta have strut bearings, otherwse the PS pump will die rather quick.

You might wanna check this out. Theres a guy that bought em and what he thought etc.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,39588.0.html

I dunno what ST is rated....but i got at least 2".

Ive heard 2"-3"

I had a member w/Intrax on a 3100 CS measure his compared to my ST springs.

I had him measure from the center of the wheel to the bottom edge of the plastic fender molding in order to eliminate any possibility of different tire diameter or wear having any impact on the reading. They were virtually identical.

i thought the rating was ST 1.5" and Intrax 1.8". not saying it wont be different in reality, but that's what i remembered always hearing, which is why I wanted the Intrax's

From what Ive read with the members that have each spring, the Intrax really dont settle. Once you put them in, thats what you get. The ST will settle a little bit giving you more of a drop over time.

Nah, it's not that different. Like someone mentioned earlier, 1.8" was probably for a Monte Carlo w/3.4 DOHC which is going to be a lot heavier up front than a first-gen with a 3100. It'll vary from car to car. Also the amount of gas charge in the struts seems to make quite a bit of difference as well.