greencutlassdrvr

im planning on doing my interior if i decide to keep the car... i really dont like the design on my seats i wanna throw on some leather front buckets off of a 99 gtp... does any body know if these seats will bolt right up? do they use different sliding rails and for the driver side are the electrical connections the same for the power seats?

The Gen 2 GPs seats are wider.. Best bet if you want to use them is to see if the tracks frtom your seats can be swapped onto them..

..Also, the stitching on Gen 1 GPs leather is similar to the 99 style.. Maybe youd like the design on those, and they will boilt right in

Get some Cutlass AQ9's or something, the 97+ GP seats are TERRIBLY uncomfortable compared to first-gen seats.

They SUCK!!!

My buddy had a cutlass and then got a 97 GTP and the seats blow, hard.

Everyone says go AQ9s... I thought about it for a while but have changed my mind. Q-ball has AQ9s and I have never been able to get comfy in his seats.

Here is a thought for you...

- First, find seats you DO like, maybe take some cars for a test drive and find a car with seats you can get comfy in.

- Then find a set of those seats from your local wreckers.

- Buy some metal and fabricate brackets, the holes in your car won't line up, so you can make brackets to take that into account. If you need a hand figuring the brackets out, shoot me a PM and I will see what I can come up with for you...

- If you happen to like ugly seats (maybe you will like something in a saturn, they all have ugly seats), get them re-covered, although this won't be cheap...

Yeah... I've thought a bit about this... I hate my leathers and I have yet to sit in an AQ9 that I was comfortable in, granted they are fun to play with, lol.

Of course you could always go the route of taking the seats you have to an uhpulstry shop and ask them for their take on it, but expect something in the neighborhood of $600 per seat

Jamie