Loudcut's Brake Upgrade (UPDATE Stage 3: INSTALLED) Pics p.g. 1

97loudcut

According to the shows on SpikeTV, your supposed to seat new pads and rotors by doing several braking runs, increasing speed in increments from say 25 til 60mph. dont come to a complete stop when braking, slow to say 5 mph.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97loudcut

• intern8tion9l

• 5speedz34

• jeremy

According to the shows on SpikeTV, your supposed to seat new pads and rotors by doing several braking runs, increasing speed in increments from say 25 til 60mph. dont come to a complete stop when braking, slow to say 5 mph.

Thats the way I've always broken in new pads and rotors, even before it was SpikeTV.

yes def looks good. now lets see how they function/hold up

Although Id never put cross-drilled on my car.

por que?

Prone to cracking. But well have to see how well they hold up. Obviously they wont crack over night, itll take some time depending on how he drives...

Yeah, how he drives will be a big part. To be truthful though, I've had white box rotors have small cracks just from normal driving.

A tip to Matt.... Let your brakes cool down before you wash your car(if at all possible). Super hot brakes + cold water = cracking metal. Not good.

Yeah I plan on letting them cool down before I wash them.

Also, after I installed the brakes I did about 5 runs where I got up to 50mph and slowed down VERY slowly until about 5 mph and then went back up to 50mph. People on ym road must have thought I was crazy!

People on ym road must have thought I was crazy!

we all know they are right :smile:

Yeah, some may have thought for a split second it was for performance reasons.. until they saw "Oldsmobile" on my reverse bar.

People on ym road must have thought I was crazy!

we all know they are right :smile:

Yeah, some may have thought for a split second it was for performance reasons.. until they saw "Oldsmobile" on my reverse bar.

:lol:

So do they stop alot better or what? They do look real nice though! :)

O yeah, when they're cold there is minimal diffrence. But let those rotors and pads heat up, and it's a whole diffrent story. You can hear the slots going through the pads and with the ABS disabled, I could literally stop on a dime.

how did you get cutlass on your callipers..stickers? i doubt it due to heat.....

Yes, they are just vinyls. I applied them when the paint was still tacky on my calipers and they have been sticking ever sense.

its white out. try it and see

LOL :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So Friday night I am cruising down Walton Blvd. doing about 50 mph and a deer jumps out infront of me. I slam the brakes, you hear the slots going through the pads, and I come to a dead stop in the blink of an eye.

So I think it was worth it!