Loudcut's Brake Upgrade (UPDATE Stage 3: INSTALLED) Pics p.g. 1

97loudcut

Got the first items of my break upgrade in the mail today.. enjoy!

IMGP0085-1.jpg

IMGP0086.jpg

IMGP0087.jpg

UPDATE 12/03/06 Pads

Bendix "CT-3" Ceramic Pads :biggrin:

IMGP0088.jpg

Installing it all tonight. I will post pictures ASAP.

Stage 3 - Installed

IMGP0089.jpg

I will be re-doing my calipers red in the spring.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97loudcut

• intern8tion9l

• 5speedz34

• jeremy

Wow. Thats cool. Although I think they are a bit overkill for your car, it's your money! (I say overkill b/c from 0-100 takes about a week and a half, so you wouldn't need to stop that quick. :lol: )

Well next is Bendix Cermaic pads that I get a discount on (from work) probably like $35 for the front set.

The rotors set me back a little over $100 so...

The whole front setup will be about $140.

Oh and BTW the big selling point on these, for me, was that they are machined with the drills in them. They didn't start off as regular rotors an then someone put holes in them.

Matt, your an idiot.

Oh, the irony.

:lol:

At first, I was thinking "huh? :thinking:." Then it came to me, this is all coming from Mr. Legned.

:lol: :lol:

Good job getting the casted drilled rotors. I'd consider getting some drilled/slotted ones, but I can't afford to go through pads every like 5,000 miles.

Matt, your an idiot.

Oh, the irony.

At first, I was thinking "huh? :thinking:." Then it came to me, this is all coming from Mr. Legned.

Good job getting the casted drilled rotors. I'd consider getting some drilled/slotted ones, but I can't afford to go through pads every like 5,000 miles.

Lifetime warranty

Matt, your an idiot.

Oh, the irony.

Isn't that a myth that cross drilled eat pads?

woudnt better calipers help the car stop better and not the rotors and pads. Im assuming it is like 50/50. you need all three to make it work well.

Pretty much, but I think our small boosters and master cylinders couldn't keep up with larger calipers.

yea. I can't wait to get a car with better brakes. good thing for the warranty on the rears. i think they are starting to get stuck again. I can hear clicking at times when i hit the brakes.