UPDATED: Installed Birchmount in my TGP

GOT2B GM

I bought and picked up a Birchmount spring that kuntzie had in his TGP today, and spent the latter part of the afternoon installing it.

I'm still waiting on my Intrax front springs so its sitting a little funny right now.

Here's some pics.

birchmount1.jpg

birchmount2.jpg

birchmount3.jpg

birchmount4.jpg

Wow that does look really good... was the birchmount very heavy compared to the fiberglass? Thats gonna look good once the front is down too.... let me know if the rear makes any more noise with the birchmount back there....

Wow that does look really good... was the birchmount very heavy compared to the fiberglass? Thats gonna look good once the front is down too.... let me know if the rear makes any more noise with the birchmount back there....

~28 lbs vs. ~8 lbs.

I was swaying because of the weight a little bit, but what I really want to know about is ride quality and (most importantly) noise. My W's hardly squeek or knock or anything, and I'd like to keep it that way.

The ride is substantially firmer, but I have not noticed any excessive noise in my 20 km maiden voyage.

My main deciding factor between coilovers and the birchmount was price. Jeff gave me a real good deal on it.

Shawn (GnatGoSplat) would be able to tel you that for sure. I *think* the FAF is around 300 and the Birchmount goes for about 180 new.

Looks sweet....those xlaces are fr3aking clean.

Thanks It was a pain to get them looking that way.

i need to to this. i have no clue what it intails though. birchmount in the back.....what in the front? How long did it take you?

Stock springs right now, but Intrax's are on the way. It took me about 2 hrs total.

Shawn (GnatGoSplat) would be able to tel you that for sure. I *think* the FAF is around 300 and the Birchmount goes for about 180 new.

thats excatly what I paid for each, Canadian...

I haven't noticed any difference from the extra 19lbs of weight. I would say that I'm happy with the spring, it gave me the drop I wanted. It's a fairly stiff ride, but that's to be expected with a lowered car.