Got pulled over for system

Addicted2bass

To sl3196: I have a job thank you very much, I work 40+ hours a week and I have never IN MY LIFE been wokin up by someones stereo, motorcycles from time to time, but not bass.

People on here have to realize that the world cannot be soundproofed so they can be happy. And its not just stereo systems and loud cars, the guy with that website (and he is not the only nutcase with a site full of bullshit) complains about weedwackers and leafblowers!! If the world became quiet to please you, you would just find something else to bitch and moan about.

My main question is; dont the police have better things to do then write tickets and throw people in jail for loud music?? Especially in cities?? isnt there some actual crime to stop?? I live near Buffalo NY and the murder rate is the highest this year then it has ever been, but instead of trying to stop that the cops are cracking down on systems instead. How stupid is that?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addicted2bass

• Ryan from Ohio

• cutlsp

• THe_DeTAiL3R

To sl3196: I have a job thank you very much, I work 40+ hours a week and I have never IN MY LIFE been wokin up by someones stereo, motorcycles from time to time, but not bass.

People on here have to realize that the world cannot be soundproofed so they can be happy. And its not just stereo systems and loud cars, the guy with that website (and he is not the only nutcase with a site full of bullshit) complains about weedwackers and leafblowers!! If the world became quiet to please you, you would just find something else to bitch and moan about.

My main question is; dont the police have better things to do then write tickets and throw people in jail for loud music?? Especially in cities?? isnt there some actual crime to stop?? I live near Buffalo NY and the murder rate is the highest this year then it has ever been, but instead of trying to stop that the cops are cracking down on systems instead. How stupid is that?

:lol: I thought you said there was absolutley no crime

In my town, there really isnt. But in Buffalo and surrounding areas there is plenty of crime, and thats where the crackdown on systems has been. its been on the news and in the paper, they were talking about banning the sale of car audio in the city!!! They also have been cracking down on it in niagra falls, which is a complete shithole. But up untill I got pulled over I had rarely heard of anyone getting pulled over as far outside the city as we are.

i hate it when some ass drives around with their bass all the way up shaking all the cars around him, so maybe instead of worrying IF you'll get caught, take steps to make sure you won't. like turn it down, and maybe you'll have hearing beyond your mid 20's too.

werd

I think it's stupid that this has become such a big problem that they do write tickets for it. What posesses you to blast your stupid subwoofers so loud that it shakes the car behind you? What in God's name does that accomplish? Nothing! You can have it down to a level where it sounds great to you and you're the only one that can really hear it. I don't care if you're "Addicted to Bass" or whatever. You don't have to subject others to your addiction. Have some respect, man.

I listen to music rather loud, but when Im in traffic, I turn it down so its not loud at all. Your the type of guy that gives every car audio addict a bad name. I havent read all 3 pages of this, but it seems like its fucking stupid anyways. Why would you be proud of getting pulled over for it? Go to a dB Drag get the system metered then come back and share what dB you hit and be proud of that, not pissing people off when your driving.

I listen to music rather loud, but when Im in traffic, I turn it down so its not loud at all. Your the type of guy that gives every car audio addict a bad name. I havent read all 3 pages of this, but it seems like its fucking stupid anyways. Why would you be proud of getting pulled over for it? Go to a dB Drag get the system metered then come back and share what dB you hit and be proud of that, not pissing people off when your driving.

EXACTLY!!...i mean, i can say my car is fast, but it doesnt mean i gotta floor it everywhere i go and try to be a bad-ass...there is a time and place for everything...you can prove how great your system is @ a competition, no need to do it on the street...just as i can prove my car is fast on a racetrack, but there's no need to race around everywhere...

EXACTLY!!...i mean, i can say my car is fast, but it doesnt mean i gotta floor it everywhere i go and try to be a bad-ass...there is a time and place for everything...you can prove how great your system is @ a competition, no need to do it on the street...just as i can prove my car is fast on a racetrack, but there's no need to race around everywhere...

bingo, tell him what he has won Johnny.....

well said, and I completely agree with you one both counts, as i can relate. With a fast car, and a system that can hit 145 db.

Recently they tried passing a law here in Missouri, that if your stereo was above some decibal level, you would loose your car, PERMANETLY!! I wish that law had passed. I cant stand these chump bitchs that have never heard of dynomat or some other simalar product to make it so its not nearly as loud outside of the car, let alone make there trunks and bumpers stop rattleing. Nothing better than sleeping in late on a sunday, and all of a sudden you woken up to the sound of some cheap ass rap.

If your windows are rowed up and you have a system capable of 140's inside its less noise than a lawnmower outside.

When you roll the windows down it becomes another story.

Cops with these 50' laws are funny really. Heck I can yell loud enough to be heard 50' away. So will I get a ticket if I yell?

It all boils back down to respect. It always will. Respect people, your neighbors and the cops and they will respect you. Dont, then look forward to tickets and more disturbing the peace stuff...

i forgot to add to my above post...the fact that u get pulled over for your system does NOT mean its that great...i mean, i gaurantee you i could get pulled over with my factory BOSE setup in the GTP...it wouldnt take much...basically goes to add, if u wanna prove how great it is, go to a competition and enjoy your loud music when ur on the backroads!...

even with all this stereo talk, i realised that thats never bothered me NEAR as much as damned motorcyles, i absoutely have the obnoxious blat they put out, and i swear 90% of the assholes that own them know 2 speeds, stop, and WOT. mabie its just my area, but i never get bothered by peoples systems, its the motorcycles that need to be quieted down. if i had my way it would be a federal regualtion that those obnoxious bikes would be limited to a certin DB.

All i know is that here in omaha its a $500 ticket and/or 5 months jail. The law is written as if it can be heard from more than 50ft away, its disturbing the peace. Trust me i know ive got a Treo SSI4.4 running at 1100 watts and can hit close to 140 trust me, ive had the law recited to me several times

holy crap you have a SSI4.4??? That is the exact speaker I am running. The only reason I'm shocked is because that is a pretty rare brand, no one has even heard of them.

All I have to say about the system being loud is it is extemely annoying when you're not the one making the noise, but it is fun as hell when you are. Thats a lame reason to pull someone over, I know I got pulled over once because my exhaust was too loud :lol:

even with all this stereo talk, i realised that thats never bothered me NEAR as much as damned motorcyles, i absoutely have the obnoxious blat they put out, and i swear 90% of the assholes that own them know 2 speeds, stop, and WOT. mabie its just my area, but i never get bothered by peoples systems, its the motorcycles that need to be quieted down. if i had my way it would be a federal regualtion that those obnoxious bikes would be limited to a certin DB.

:werd:

Motorcycles are obnoxiously loud, and they wake me up even when they're 2 blocks away. My stepdad is into Harleys so I try to be understanding, but it's difficult because it's so irritating.

Anyway, we have a 50' ordinance here too. I don't know if it's state law, I was under the impression it was a local ordinance.

I admit when I was younger from my teens to early 20's, I liked my bass loud. I knew it was obnoxious, and that was part of the appeal. I always turned it down real low in residential areas so I was at least respectful in that regard, but I never bothered turning it down at stoplights. I actually kind of liked how at lights, it prevented other people from looking over. They think, "asshole punk in the next car, better not look over". :lol:

Now that I'm older, my point of view has changed. Where I had 2 12's before, I now think 1 10" or even 8" sub is enough. I didn't even bother with a sub in my truck. To hear the thump thump thump of someones excessively loud bass does bother me now. I find myself rolling my eyes when I hear the kid in the rental house across the street come home with the bass thumping in his Mazda 3. I find myself thinking, "it's a residential area for crapsakes, turn that shit down! No one here is impressed with that shit, this isn't a high school parking lot!"

No offence to anyone who likes their music loud... but your an ass.

I don't care what your argument is...

I work 40 hrs, and am responcible..

Leaf blowers..

Motocycles..

I only have one 19" sub making 12K watts....

They singled me out....

I don't care...some items make noise no matter what, but your radio has this little knob that controls the DB's. USE IT.

Just because it's the middle of the day doesn't make it OK.

God forbid some parents out there try and put their 2 year old down for a knapp just to be awaken by the pictures on their walls rattling.

Whatever they fined you..it wasn't enough.

Think of it this way....You wouldn't want some bunghole parked right outside your house playing their shit as loud as they can get it right??

Same thing-- except your driving around...

Play your music as if your parked right outside sombodys house, and you don't want them to hear it.

It would really suck to have a pellet gun go off in your direction as you drive by.... I would never do that, but I have seen people who have.

I made this post becasue I was pissed about getting pulled over, not becasue I was trying to show off my system. And I DO plan to get it metered, probably this wednesday. Playing your sytem is not dangerous (like speeding, drunk driving etc.) if bass going by for 10 sec, or sitting next to a car at a stoplight with bass for 30 sec annoys you, then every little thing must annoy you. You all really need to stop bitching, its just music, it doesnt hurt anyone.

And yes I do like showing off my system becasue it is one of the loudest where I live. I think its funny when people get pissed at the bass, simply becasue its such a STUPID thing to get all upset about. And for every angry look I get driving around, I get just as many looks of approval. From people of all ages.

I made this post becasue I was pissed about getting pulled over, not becasue I was trying to show off my system. And I DO plan to get it metered, probably this wednesday. Playing your sytem is not dangerous (like speeding, drunk driving etc.) if bass going by for 10 sec, or sitting next to a car at a stoplight with bass for 30 sec annoys you, then every little thing must annoy you. You all really need to stop bitching, its just music, it doesnt hurt anyone.

And yes I do like showing off my system becasue it is one of the loudest where I live. I think its funny when people get pissed at the bass, simply becasue its such a STUPID thing to get all upset about. And for every angry look I get driving around, I get just as many looks of approval. From people of all ages.

just curious....how old are you?

ahhhh shit :cheers: this is my favorite thread ever. I got my windshield chipped by a bb gun by some kid I probably woke up like 50 times. :new_all_coholic:

I know that Termlabs are the most accurate, unfortunatly no one around here has one. The only meters around are 2 Audiocontrols owned by two of the car audio shops. One of them has it up at a cruise night I go to wed nights, its not that accurate, but its better than nothing and its fun to see what people hit. And I am 19 ftw. I imagine im one of the younger people on this forum??

And I am 19 ftw.

No wonder you drive around with your sound system cranked way the hell up all the time...... Doing that here will get you shot and car-jacked.

You got pulled over for breaking the law, period. Sorry your upset about it, but the law is the law...

You think everyone around you at the stop light should have to listen to your bass and they shouldnt get mad about it? What will you say when you have your first child in your car thats trying to sleep and some ass hat comes up next to you booming. How about the rice crew going by your house at 5 am booming when you have to get up for work @ 6 am? What about when you get old and that noise hurts your ears?

How about your mom and dad doing it in the same room with you with the lights out? Its just noise right, deal with it boy...

One day you will grow up and realize. Trust me I was once very much like you. At least I still have good hearing, surprisingly...

When I hear cars with bass all I think of is young, punk ass kids that think they own the world. Either that or ghetto thugs that spend more money on their audio system and 90" rims than anything else in life.

I stand firmly by my post.

There is nothing better than enjoying an nice quiet evening (when I get the time) with my wife, on the front porch ( I'm only 34 so lets not call me grandpa), when all the sudden some motherfucker comes booming down our street with his subs set at full, and his fart can a spew'n. :motz2: I have officially dubbed them "Thumpers".

Tell me something kid.... Do you smoke?

I think of this traveling bass as "second hand bass", and it works the EXACT same way as the smokers argument minus the cancer. Tell me boy, if I don't want to be exposed to that, and you blast your Milli Vanilli Ice, then are your taking away my rights to a little peace and quiet?

As far as if I get annoyed easily or not, it doesn't matter, it's not part of the discussion. But if you must know... Stupidity annoys me.

I completely agree with you Intlcutlass, and I am still in my 20's. Dont get me wrong, I love my tunes and music. Hell I was sponsored by Pioneer some time ago. But I also knew how to respect others living areas. My music was only turned up on the highway, where its the only place it can only bother 1 person, ME. What it comes down to is that these snot nose "what up g'," fart cannon a spewin, wanna be loosers have no respect for themselves, so why should they have respect for anyone else