Got pulled over for system

Addicted2bass

I just got my new subs in wednesday, 2 12" Kicker L5s, I have them in a ported box running off a JBL 600.1. Well yesterday I was driving around and I was at a traffic light in town, I didnt notice the cop was behind me cuz my rearview mirror had fell off earlier that day. The light turns green and I make my turn, then I notice the cop was behind me, I turned it down quick but it was to late. He pulled me over right away. He asked me if I knew why I pulled him over and I said no. Then he asked if I had my stereo up and I said maybe a little. he told me it was shaking his truck, then he proceded to tell me if he caught me with it up that loud again he would arrest me for disorderly conduct! :eek: :eek:

I didnt get a ticket, but now when im drivin through my town with the system on im gonna have to be lookin over my shoulder the whole time. I live in a pretty small town, there is only one cop car and like 4 cops. me and my friends have never had a problem and we play our systems loud all the time. Hsve any of you ever had a cop tell you he would arrest you for your system?? I expected a warning or even s ticket, but not that!! Could they even legally do that?? It sounds like bullshit to me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addicted2bass

• Ryan from Ohio

• Intlcutlass

• cutlsp

i hate it when some ass drives around with their bass all the way up shaking all the cars around him, so maybe instead of worrying IF you'll get caught, take steps to make sure you won't. like turn it down, and maybe you'll have hearing beyond your mid 20's too.

If i wanted to listen to my music quitely I wouldnt have bought subs :rolleyes: And I didnt even have it up that loud, not loud enough to hurt my ears. its the high that kill your ears anyway, not the bass.

I don't like rude ass people that drive around town with there stereo loud.

Keep it down to normal listening level in town, and you won't have any problems.

All i know is that here in omaha its a $500 ticket and/or 5 months jail. The law is written as if it can be heard from more than 50ft away, its disturbing the peace. Trust me i know ive got a Treo SSI4.4 running at 1100 watts and can hit close to 140 trust me, ive had the law recited to me several times

:lol:

I live in a small town of about 1300 people.

When I was younger (in my teens-20) I was always getting bitched at for my system.

I since have grown up and have learned how to be responsible with my system.

Ive been pulled over, cussed out, chased, yelled at @ stop lights and even a beer bottle thrown at my car once. I was once very much like you, bouncing my system everywhere.

I guess all I can say is boom responsibly. Know where and when its accepatable.

To me, anything in the country (no city limits) its free for all. In cities providing the street is 45 MPH or higher I let it ring. Under 45 I keep it down. At all stop lights its down. Within 10 minutes of my final destination, down.

If i wanted to listen to my music quitely I wouldnt have bought subs :rolleyes: And I didnt even have it up that loud, not loud enough to hurt my ears. its the high that kill your ears anyway, not the bass.

Bass fuckin travels. People 4 blocks from you can hear bass. I used to live like 3 blocks from a main 'cruise' route and all the goddamn ricers used to have their systems cranked up. Can't even hear the music.. just the constant BOOM BOOM BOOM from those stupid f-in subs.. just enough to rattle the pictures on the wall and wake one up. That is especially nice at 2AM. Music sounds frickin AWESOME when all you can hear is bass, cause you're just SO damn cool when you're bumpin' around town and everyone looks at you. Most people work in the morning and don't much appreciate that shit. Enough people here complained and it stopped fairly quickly. Thank you police for finally doing something. You probably got stopped because enough people finally complained about you and your friends' shit.

Should I go buy a system and sit in front of your house at 2AM and crank it up? I'm on a public street and if I didn't want to listen to my music quietly, I wouldn't have put those subs in my car and sat in front of your fuckin house. Thats a stupid excuse. Time to realize its not just you in the world.

Bass fuckin travels. People 4 blocks from you can hear bass. I used to live like 3 blocks from a main 'cruise' route and all the goddamn ricers used to have their systems cranked up. Can't even hear the music.. just the constant BOOM BOOM BOOM from those stupid f-in subs.. just enough to rattle the pictures on the wall and wake one up. That is especially nice at 2AM. Music sounds frickin AWESOME when all you can hear is bass, cause you're just SO damn cool when you're bumpin' around town and everyone looks at you. Most people work in the morning and don't much appreciate that shit. Enough people here complained and it stopped fairly quickly. Thank you police for finally doing something. You probably got stopped because enough people finally complained about you and your friends' shit.

Should I go buy a system and sit in front of your house at 2AM and crank it up? I'm on a public street and if I didn't want to listen to my music quietly, I wouldn't have put those subs in my car and sat in front of your fuckin house. Thats a stupid excuse. Time to realize its not just you in the world.

:iamwithstupid: I just wasn't going to say that as nicely as he did.......

ok grandma. i thinks its time to buy some earplugs. just be aware of your suroundings is all i can say. as for bassing at night through residential areas thats a no. gotta have a lil respect........ but afternoon its on like no other

ok grandma. i thinks its time to buy some earplugs. just be aware of your suroundings is all i can say. as for bassing at night through residential areas thats a no. gotta have a lil respect........ but afternoon its on like no other

Who are you calling grandma??

I don't give a shit if someone is cranking it during the day.. most of these idiots out there don't realize what respectible times are. The thing they need to realize is that IF they've been stopped, chances are enough people have complained about it.. Thats when you learn to respect people and back off. Go out of town if you're that damn addicted to bass.

Well to clarify, this was in the afternoon. And most of the area around my town is country area. Im not worried about my system being stolen, there is just about no crime where i live. Hell I leave my car unlocked with the keys in it alot of the time. If im going anywhere that theres a chance of my system gettin jacked I turn it off.

In my town its really only me and two of my friend that have loud systems. My one friend thinks that the cops are being dicks this weekend b/c its the yearly town festival (the corn festival...go ahead make fun lol).

And to supreme_style: What did someone shit in your corn flakes this morning of what?? If bass wakes you up you must be a damn light sleeper, and why would I sit in front of someones house with my system playing??? What about motorcycles?? Of ambulence sirens?? Maybe they should turn those off so you can get your beauty sleep :rolleyes:

Well to clarify, this was in the afternoon. And most of the area around my town is country area. Im not worried about my system being stolen, there is just about no crime where i live. Hell I leave my car unlocked with the keys in it alot of the time. If im going anywhere that theres a chance of my system gettin jacked I turn it off.

In my town its really only me and two of my friend that have loud systems. My one friend thinks that the cops are being dicks this weekend b/c its the yearly town festival (the corn festival...go ahead make fun lol).

And to supreme_style: What did someone shit in your corn flakes this morning of what?? If bass wakes you up you must be a damn light sleeper, and why would I sit in front of someones house with my system playing??? What about motorcycles?? Of ambulence sirens?? Maybe they should turn those off so you can get your beauty sleep :rolleyes:

Amen to that, some people have loud exhaust, loud cars, loud motorcycles, or loud whatever, some of us like it all, some of us like stereos other than stock ones, if you dont want to hear stereos like his or mine, then youd better outlaw everything thats loud, kinda like civil defense alarms, cus you know those could wake you up too.

I have been pulled over for mine too, and I respect all time restriced noice ordinance laws. It was 4:30 in the afternoon when I was written a $50 fine for loud music. I am stuck in the middle of this argument cause I love my bass, but i also dont wanna be awoke by someone being an asshole.

Its a matter of respect, end of story.

Motorcycles with loud exhausts really cant be changed. There is no volume control on them ;)

Car stereo volume can be adjust, bass faded off, etc.

Its people with NO RESPECT that brings a black eye to the car audio community and has guys like this aszhole come about:

http://members.aol.com/mpwright9/boomcar.html

Thats right. This guys sole life mission is to get rid of car audio altogether. While his propaganda has influenced some smaller towns similar laws are making it to bigger cities. Also note this d-bag is not alone in his fight.

Again its people like addicted2bass and their totally lack of respect that brings this about.

Like I said, boom responsibly!

Motorcycles with loud exhausts really cant be changed. There is no volume control on them ;)

Car stereo volume can be adjust, bass faded off, etc.

Its people with NO RESPECT that brings a black eye to the car audio community and has guys like this aszhole come about:

http://members.aol.com/mpwright9/boomcar.html

Thats right. This guys sole life mission is to get rid of car audio altogether. While his propaganda has influenced some smaller towns similar laws are making it to bigger cities. Also note this d-bag is not alone in his fight.

Again its people like addicted2bass and their totally lack of respect that brings this about.

Like I said, boom responsibly!

thats awwwsome!...that happend like 20 minutes away from me too!...

x2.....somethings are easier to understand when you are not still in your teens

For sure. What til you little shits get a real job, you won't want people blasting their shit while your trying to sleep.

x2

And I totally agree with the "going deaf by 20" thing. I've only got 1 subwoofer in my car (12" sealed box, 460w going to it) and that's plenty to shake me in my seat. I've been in friends cars that have had 2x 10 or 12" with big ported boxes and the pure volume level is too much for my ears to take. When I was a teenager I had my home system all jacked up with lots of big cheap speakers... sounded like shit but would make my ears ring. Now that I'm mid-20s I recently bought a nice set of Paradigm floor speakers... they can go pretty loud but I appreciate the sound quality much much more. Don't get me wrong, I like to listen loud every now and then... but theres a time and a place. Even with my mild bass in the car I still hit the steering wheel control button to lower it when I'm at an intersection. Plus if it's really busy traffic then loud music is distracting. The fact that you live in a small town doesn't help, not much you can do about it but be more carefull of where/when you play loud.

Ya them damn harleys or whatever motorcycles have that loud exhaust where you can hear that over my system, thats the most annoying more then bass would ever be to me. but i really hate those bikers with that loud exhaust. the ricecrew with dem fart cannons that too. yes em thank you

honestly never made it that far. hell didnt get past 6th. didnt go to school at all pretty much. got in trouble with the law... which made me set my life straight got my g.e.d at 17. now i sit behind a desk as a medical supply manager here in pueblo and attend pcc 4 times a week getting my pre recs done. thank you and yes em