3800 Series II Supercharged swap

hazmatic

I'm not sure on the fuel lines. I know someone that did it used custom fuel lines, but I would think the lines from a first-gen W-body that had a 3800 Series II NA would work.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 91GranSport

• slick

• hazmatic

• Robby1870

It's well worth it, but unless you're properly equipped and have the patience, grab an industrial box of Excedrin migraine.

Wiring is the key to the whole swap.

Make sure you have the engine side wiring harness, pcm, inner axels, and down pipe.

Alternatives as needed are the cruise control and ac. You may want to grab the passkey and BCM if the donor has them... or you're going to be spoofing.

I finished mine a short time back, and I'm starting over due tranny issues. Just going to put in the getrag.

Everything bolted up for me no problem.

I would recommend taking off the radiator and nose section, it makes things unbelievably easier.

And relocate your battery to the trunk. Use some good thick wire!

Just a question for you electrical buffs, would it be easier to just use the internal wiring harness from the donor car... providing you have the car stripped down to the bone? What issues would I run into if using the wiring harness from a 2001 GP GT for my 93 Lumina?

And where are all of the N-body swap pictures/sites?

And and and.... what's everyone's thought on H2O injection... what's the best system out there? Any foreseeable issues with running a wet nitrous system on the track and full time water injection for daily usage?

Hopefully by summer's end I'll have everything done (Body and Interior included).

First of all water injection is a band-aid for your car having too much detonation. If you have detonation then you need to step back and look at the big picture as to why it there and fix that, whether it be too much boost, too much timing, or whatever. Secondly, from what I hear it wears away the coating on the supercharger rotors. You should hang out on clubgp.com for a while as there are some crazy L67 cars over there. 8)

You on the right site? :shock:

And and and.... what's everyone's thought on H2O injection... what's the best system out there? Any foreseeable issues with running a wet nitrous system on the track and full time water injection for daily usage?

Here at CSU, there's been some minor developments for improving efficency use Water Injection, but overall it creates more wear over long periods or time and haven't seen performance increases through the system. If you're looking to keep your motor from auto-ignition, step up to a higher grade of octane and lower the compression ratio if you want to run the juice.

- RedFox340

Thermodynamics rules! :lol:

I can't speak for the rest of the W-Body members around here but I can honestly tell you that you'd be taken far more seriously if you became yourself rather than someone else. Seriously.

damn son y r u hatin so much dgo damn u just need to calm down aight talkin shit ova da comp aint gonna get u far

I'm not telling people to stop helping him, hell I'd help him myself if he didn't talk like such an idiot.

http://www.grandprixstore.com has a lot of stuff for the 3.8L S/C. And, you really cant order any parts. You need to go to a good junk yard and start looking for a wrecked car with the motor in it. Again, you will need the motor, transmission, PCM, axles, and Im prolly forgetting something

Robby

PS. How about all the flame wars stop? You may not like how he types or talks, but that doesnt stop anyone from helping him out.

I agree with you. Hell I've been on this board since January '00 back when it was still under that "EZBoard" or whatever the hell it was called. Remember all those idiots running around that we had to deal with? I've seen them come, I've seen them go. People who are serious W-Body enthusiasts don't come around acting like that. Obviously people like that are in need of attention.

I'm glad RedCutlassSL agrees with me and sees what the hell is actually going on.

i agree with Gransport, this guy is getting really sickening. i would bet 50 bucks this idiot can't even change the oil. look at how many posts he had to make because he couldn't get something as simple as wheel spacing, offsets, and bolt spacing. if you want us to help you, stop the gangsta bs.

You are totally mistaken if you think that I'm not willing to help. I'm not some GM technician or some talented mechanic but I've been doing work on vehicles so I know my way around quite well. I actually have more experience in bodywork and paint than anything mechanical.

Regardless, I don't think I made myself clear. I said that if he were to write his messages in a way that people can actually read them then maybe we can understand what the fuck he's talking about and then help him out. How the fuck are you going to help someone out if you can barely understand what the hell they're saying? You're telling me I'm bitching and complaining and not helping him out? How about someone comes up to you and starts speaking to you in Arabic when they're fully capable of speaking to you in English? Obviously this character didn't grow up talking that way from day one and he must have some sense of education to be able to operate a computer and log onto the Internet, so I'm sure he can speak normally and write normally if he tried. So, if he has a choice to act like an idiot or to be himself, why not be himself? Perhaps people would accept him for who he is rather than reject him for trying too hard to be something he isn't. Now you tell me who the fuck is wrong here.

PS. How about all the flame wars stop? You may not like how he types or talks, but that doesnt stop anyone from helping him out.
I agree. Even though he may talk like an idiot, it doesn't meen that he has a common interest that we all have, and that is our cars. He is just trying to get help by us, and some of us are gettin mad just because the way he is. Were all different, so just lay off. And for you hazmatic, just please try to make it more readable. It has been getting better, I will admit that, but just keep trying. And also, just keep asking questions about what to do with your car, because even though there are some people that don't want to help and all the do is bitch because the way you talk, there are people that are here willing to help.

I'm not telling people to stop helping him, hell I'd help him myself if he didn't talk like such an idiot.

http://www.grandprixstore.com has a lot of stuff for the 3.8L S/C. And, you really cant order any parts. You need to go to a good junk yard and start looking for a wrecked car with the motor in it. Again, you will need the motor, transmission, PCM, axles, and Im prolly forgetting something

Robby

I know what your sayin, and I agree 100%, however, I think its pointless to waste space in threads making fun of him. Some of the info in, for instance, this thread that was started by said user, may be useful to others, thats why I helped him out anyway.

Robby

Okay, it's quite simple. I don't know how old you are, what type of background you have or what education you have completed. For one thing is for sure, you didn't grow up and live your entire life talking that way. You must be at least 16, at least I hope you are, to have a driver's license and own/operate a vehicle. So that means you probably have finished at least grade 8. So, if you have a minimum age of 16 and a minimum education of grade 8, then I'm sure you know how to conduct yourself in an acceptable manner in public or at least where there are other "normal" people present. I would find it hard to believe that you would live your life, day in and day out talking like that to every single person you know or meet. I couldn't imagine you completing your daily tasks with a vocabulary like that. Do you go out to a restaurant and say "Yo what's up my nigga, hook me up with that shiznizzle fried chizzicken!" or do you go out and say "How much bling blingeey dingeey does this thingeey cizzost?"

Let's get real, I don't hate you, I hate the way you talk. You want people to help you out, well you already have it. Now why don't you do yourself a favour, and do us a favour, by showing us you actually have some sort of maturity to common sense.

damn i cant belive u guyz n how bad u like to hate on me u take evry thread i start or post in n turn it into a flame war cuz of da way i talk

Man, that sounds too damn complicated. Say, I guess it would be the same procedure if you wanted to swap an L36 (3800 Series II N/A) into a Gen1 W-Body eh? I guess that's why most people swap the L67 over the L36. You go through the same amount of work, you may as well get 240HP rather than 205HP. Personally, due to issues concerning fuel costs, I'd stick with the L36. But that's just me.

It's well worth it, but unless you're properly equipped and have the patience, grab an industrial box of Excedrin migraine.

Wiring is the key to the whole swap.

Make sure you have the engine side wiring harness, pcm, inner axels, and down pipe.

Alternatives as needed are the cruise control and ac. You may want to grab the passkey and BCM if the donor has them... or you're going to be spoofing.

I finished mine a short time back, and I'm starting over due tranny issues. Just going to put in the getrag.

Everything bolted up for me no problem.

I would recommend taking off the radiator and nose section, it makes things unbelievably easier.

And relocate your battery to the trunk. Use some good thick wire!

Just a question for you electrical buffs, would it be easier to just use the internal wiring harness from the donor car... providing you have the car stripped down to the bone? What issues would I run into if using the wiring harness from a 2001 GP GT for my 93 Lumina?

Hopefully by summer's end I'll have everything done (Body and Interior included).

Do you go out to a restaurant and say "Yo what's up my nigga, hook me up with that shiznizzle fried chizzicken!" or do you go out and say "How much bling blingeey dingeey does this thingeey cizzost?"

:lol: ROFLMAO

Seriously you do make a goodpoint though. This idiot talks like he lives in the ghetto. Newsflash haz, you are WHITE! or at least you appear to be from your sig pic. learn how to type and talk normally. God I hate ignorant people like you.

Ok, to get back on the subject, if I understand right, the housing where the tranny bolts up is the same as my current 3100. I don't want to use the 3100 tranny, or the 4t65-e tranny. But, if it is the same bolt pattern, couldn't I use like the tranny from the 3.4 or a manual from a 3.1? If so, i would love to have a manual 3800.

I'm not trying to make fun of him, I'm trying to tell him that if he would simply write his messages normally then we would all be able to help him. Hell half of us can't understand what he's saying. All I know is that he's interested in finding more info on an L67 swap, and that's about it. Then he mentioned something about his Dad or something like that. Who really knows?

I know what your sayin, and I agree 100%, however, I think its pointless to waste space in threads making fun of him. Some of the info in, for instance, this thread that was started by said user, may be useful to others, thats why I helped him out anyway.

Robby

Yes, I forgot to mention that too.

ROFLMAO

Seriously you do make a goodpoint though. This idiot talks like he lives in the ghetto. Newsflash haz, you are WHITE! or at least you appear to be from your sig pic. learn how to type and talk normally. God I hate ignorant people like you.

From what I understand, someone here actually tried mating a 5-speed to the L67 and it didn't work. I can't remember who it was, and I can't remember which type of 5-speed. Personally I would prefer the heavy duty version of the 4T65-E mated to a regular L36. I just can't afford premium fuel these days, but I would love 240HP.

Ok, to get back on the subject, if I understand right, the housing where the tranny bolts up is the same as my current 3100. I don't want to use the 3100 tranny, or the 4t65-e tranny. But, if it is the same bolt pattern, couldn't I use like the tranny from the 3.4 or a manual from a 3.1? If so, i would love to have a manual 3800.

Do you exactly remember what the problems were? I would love to find out some of this information. If anyone remembers who this was, tell me. I want to find out the information about why it wouldn't work, and think about what I could do to make it work. I, myself, really see no problem with why it wouldn't work, but I'm not a genious about what engines and trannys can be mated to each other. Even if this, which it probably will, include wire splicing and crap, I can do that.

yea hazmatic, you have greatly improved. on your first posts I had to swallow at least 6 aspirin after reading what you said, but now I only have to take 2! j/k If your gonna do the swap let me know how it goes because im seriously thinking about it.

I don't plan on doing the swap until this engine goes, but I still want to know pretty much everything there is to know about it. Plus I want to know all the possibilites that I have mating different engines and trannys. I don't plan on the L67 swap, because thats more money than what I will have, but the L36 is more in my price range. But the main thing is if there are any other trannys that could possibly work than just the 4t65.

I guess no one knows anything more than what I was thinking. I know that all the front wheel drive vehicles that GM makes now use the same bell housing. I don't really see why it wouldn't work.

I can't remember who it was, because this a long time ago. I think it was around the time Shawn switched to this new style forum from the original EZBoard forum.

Anyways, I think he said he couldn't do it because of something to do with the flywheel or bellhousing or something like that. I really couldn't tell you much because I don't remember a lot of it. I've never done an engine swap before. I've removed engines from vehicles to take them apart but I've never tried to mate a 5-speed to an engine that was originally equipped with an automatic.

Do you exactly remember what the problems were? I would love to find out some of this information. If anyone remembers who this was, tell me. I want to find out the information about why it wouldn't work, and think about what I could do to make it work. I, myself, really see no problem with why it wouldn't work, but I'm not a genious about what engines and trannys can be mated to each other. Even if this, which it probably will, include wire splicing and crap, I can do that.

I think the L36 is the way to go. Not only do you get 205HP, but you get to use regular fuel instead of premium. Sure 240HP would be nice, but you can also find a lot of mods that'll bring up the L36's horsepower. Personally for me I'd go with an L36 with a 4T65-E heavy duty.

I don't plan on doing the swap until this engine goes, but I still want to know pretty much everything there is to know about it. Plus I want to know all the possibilites that I have mating different engines and trannys. I don't plan on the L67 swap, because thats more money than what I will have, but the L36 is more in my price range. But the main thing is if there are any other trannys that could possibly work than just the 4t65.