3800 Series II Supercharged swap

hazmatic

i have a 88 regal wit a 2.8L V6 (Gen II) n i wanna swap it wit a 3800 Series II Supercharged how muhc work would it take n wut would i have to do to fit it in therre

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 91GranSport

• slick

• hazmatic

• Robby1870

IMO, yes it is. Your 2.8 puts out like 130HP and 160 ft-lbs of torque, stock. The 3.8L S/C puts out 240HP and 280 ft-lbs stock. You would be gaining over 100HP and 120 ft-lbs. Plus, there is a lot of aftermarket parts for the 3.8L S/C and theres not that much for the 2.8/3.1. That 3.8L S/C can easily hit 300HP with 3 or 4 mods to it, it has great potential. I think it is worth the money and time. It would take a lot of time to do such a swap.

Robby

so iz it all worth it?

Well you would be gaining 110 HP from the swap, and from what I hear that are alot more things you can do with the L67 to make it have even more HP. Probably the quickest easiest way to make ALOT of HP. Also can you imagine the sleeper you would have on your hands, it would be freakin awesome! I'd say go for it if you have the coin to do it and the mechanical background! :D

i guess itz time to goto muh papaz shop n start lookin around ordin partz n preparin fo dis task n u say i can get mo aftremarket partz wut can i get n werre

What the fuck? Are you fucking nuts or something? I think that "gansta shit" has gone far enough man! Seriously, that shit is annoying now.

i have a 88 regal wit a 2.8L V6 (Gen II) n i wanna swap it wit a 3800 Series II Supercharged how muhc work would it take n wut would i have to do to fit it in therre

I think it's time to go to your papa's bedroom and bang your mom. Seriously, this shit is fucking annoying man.

i guess itz time to goto muh papaz shop n start lookin around ordin partz n preparin fo dis task n u say i can get mo aftremarket partz wut can i get n werre

http://www.grandprixstore.com has a lot of stuff for the 3.8L S/C. And, you really cant order any parts. You need to go to a good junk yard and start looking for a wrecked car with the motor in it. Again, you will need the motor, transmission, PCM, axles, and Im prolly forgetting something

Robby

PS. How about all the flame wars stop? You may not like how he types or talks, but that doesnt stop anyone from helping him out.

damn son y r u hatin so much dgo damn u just need to calm down aight talkin shit ova da comp aint gonna get u far

Well, I've seen drunk posts on ClubSi that I couldn't understand,even after re-re-re-re-reading them and I got all of this on the second pass.

Guest RedCutlassSL

i agree with Gransport, this guy is getting really sickening. i would bet 50 bucks this idiot can't even change the oil. look at how many posts he had to make because he couldn't get something as simple as wheel spacing, offsets, and bolt spacing. if you want us to help you, stop the gangsta bs.

i agree with Gransport, this guy is getting really sickening. i would bet 50 bucks this idiot can't even change the oil. look at how many posts he had to make because he couldn't get something as simple as wheel spacing, offsets, and bolt spacing. if you want us to help you, stop the gangsta bs.

Fo' Shizzle, my nizzle. :lol:

It is getting a bit old.

im new wit w-body carz i spent most muh time wit importz da only american i eva played wit befo minez wuz muh broz 2001 pontiac grand am so u need to give me a break

PS. How about all the flame wars stop? You may not like how he types or talks, but that doesnt stop anyone from helping him out.
I agree. Even though he may talk like an idiot, it doesn't meen that he has a common interest that we all have, and that is our cars. He is just trying to get help by us, and some of us are gettin mad just because the way he is. Were all different, so just lay off. And for you hazmatic, just please try to make it more readable. It has been getting better, I will admit that, but just keep trying. And also, just keep asking questions about what to do with your car, because even though there are some people that don't want to help and all the do is bitch because the way you talk, there are people that are here willing to help.

no you fuckin idiot fo sho = for sure you are so stupid my dizzail my nizzle for rizzle keepz itz onz the downzizzle okz

see how you type jack ass

damn i cant belive u guyz n how bad u like to hate on me u take evry thread i start or post in n turn it into a flame war cuz of da way i talk

ok i wuz doin some more reaserch on da 3800 supercharged engine n its a 90 degree engine how would i go about mountin that in since my car is a 60 degree engine

Doesn't matter.

60 vs. 90 is just the V-angle of the cylinders.

As long as all the mounts line up to the mounting points (and they will) you don't have a problem.

If you're using a 4T65-E, you'll have to make a hybrid axle. That's easy, just swap 4T65-E inner CV's onto the original halfshafts.

OK, sounds good. What all will be the issues when the times comes for me to do this. Engine mounts are the same, using the 4t65-e tranny, u told me about the axle, there's a wiring kit. Will I have to custom run fuel lines and such?