I hate FWD!!!

skalor

My tranny has a little shudder on the 2-3 shift and I'm freak'n pissed!!! I noticed it the other day and it's getting worse. I'm afraid to punch it because I don't want it to slip. If this tranny starts slipping really bad I'm converting this bitch to 5 speed so I can be done with this 4T60 crap. Well, not completely as my other TGP will still have the 4T60 because it's going to be my track car. Anyways, I checked the vacuum modulator to see if there was any tranny fluid in it, but there isn't. Does anyone think that there is anything else it could be or am I screwed. I haven't even had this car a month and the damn tranny is messed up already.

1. Check for vaccum leaks

2. Make sure there's good contact on the electrical connector going to the switches/ttc solenoids directly under the airbox. (I had a problem with late shifting, and it turned out two of the pins were missing)

3. Condition of tranny fluid(already mentioned, but hey)

4. TV cable adjustment. Hold the throttle wide open, and press the button on the adjuster. Pull the cable through the eye on the throttle arm, until it clicks 3-4 times(may be more or less, depending on how far it may or may not be out of adjustment), and release it. close the throttle.

Yeah, I check the fluid when I first bought the car and it's nice and red. I just rechecked the level yesterday and it was good. I checked the vacuum line yesterday and both the rubber sections where in good shape. I'm thinking I might put a new check valve in for the hell of it. I'm also going with the Lucas additive mentioned above. I use the engine additive in Olds, and it's good stuff. Thanks for the suggestions :)

My tranny has a little shudder on the 2-3 shift and I'm freak'n pissed!!! I noticed it the other day and it's getting worse. I haven't even had this car a month and the damn tranny is messed up already.

Sorry to hear about your FWD tranny problems :-( When Jeff M. got my car, he and I agreed that my 4T60 had to be rebuilt/built-up to take the power we wanted put in it. When Jeff first chipped my car, it was having overdrive problems and my fuel pump with 90k miles on it was starving the engine.

Since you have only had this car for one month: Do you know if the previous owner swapped the original turbo specific 4T60 for a standard 4T60 out at say Pick-n-Pull? :puke: Might be the reason he sold it. A friend / tranny shop might have told him that a non-HD 4T60 would not support the power.

A suppose a properly rebuilt non-HD could support the turbo motor, but it would cost $$$ to build up a Pick 'n' Pull tranny.

This is your SHOW TGP, right?

As we have both said before, can't beat the cost of a Ciera 3300/4T60 for daily driving. The W-bodies don't teach the joys of propping a hood up at a right angle to the engine compartment! :wink:

The tranny is definitely original as there is not a thing out of place on the car. The turbo bag is there and in great shape, and there was a plate that bolted to the lower bolts from the turbo to downpipe that I didnt' have on my first TGP. The fact that it looks like the turbo was never out, before I took it out, leads me to believe that it was never out. Plus, I checked the tranny ID tag and it is 'OYRH' if I recall correctly. This is not true of my first TGP though as the tranny was replaced with a regular 4T60. There was a ton of stuff wrong like the grounds that attach to the one of the tranny to engine bolts weren't on, the checkvalve was put on wrong, it didn't have the right ID tag, and the turbo bag wasn't even there. I guess 113,000 or so miles is pretty good for the clutches to hold up. I have an extra TGP Tranny that I went to Mass. (from Penn.) to buy for my first TGP. That tranny is a real TGP version too as I saw the car it came out of(it was rolled over at 92,000). The tranny ID tag on that tranny is 'OLAH' I believe. I'm thinking that I'm going to put that tranny in my first TGP and use that car as a track car as the body really sucks on that car, it was only $990. Then, I think that I'm going to convert this one to a 5 speed sometime this summer. I'll be driving this one mostly on cruises with my friends so the 5 speed would be a lot more fun anyways 8)