Bear big brakes from GM parts direct.

z34_nut

not true. rsm drilled the bolt holes for the bolt pattern and i have never heard anybody dying

maybe it has less of an effect if it's only on the hub part rather than where the pads contact it and gets uberhot, but I know it's still not something I'd be willing to do. Not to mention the pain in the ass of redrilling them whenever you need new rotors.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a Necro-post but I have to perform service on the GP and since the brakes are top of the list of maintenance I was considering an upgrade. Anyone put the Baer system from either The GrandPrix Store or GM's kit on their car?

Also for slotted/crossdrilled rotors which "come with zinc coating" how long does this last?

edit: I have noticed that GMPartsdirect no longer offers the Baer upgrade kit or they have not updated their catalogue yet.

There is hope my friends, check out my thread, 4 down. I am getting GXP brakes to fit, 13". I will be selling the brackets for about $110. All said and done, maybe $500 for 2 pistion, aluminum, 13" brakes.

Not sure hwo relevant this is, but I've got the 95 brakes (11.25 fronts and 10.5 rears) with dual pistons up front, ceramic pads all around, and PowerStop drilled rotors up front. I can honestly say these things brake extremely well for the kind of driving I do, which is up to 90 mph. They definitely bite really hard in any conditions and were an extremely big improvement over stock rotors and pads. Hell, I don't even have upgraded brake lines.

I know second gen cars can use F-Body or Corvette brakes. I don't know what the situation is with their spindles versus ours with a first gen car, but it's not much work. You use the F-Body or Corvette caliper, mounting brakets, lines, and rotors. Or, you can use Impala rotors as they are 12" versus our 11.25" units.

yeah, I have the same. THEY SUCK. cast calipers, just suck IMO.

Perhaps at 200 crank hp (if I'm lucky), my definition of crappy brakes is different from yours. Mind you this L27-powered regal is my first car, and not everyone here has turbo'd their w-body to the point where they need an equal amount of braking in order to keep the car safe.

So far I haven't found a need to stop faster and harder than I already can with these drilled rotors.

I can definitely see how how you might need more stopping power, but I don't really think they suck as bad as you seem to think they do. What kind of pads were you using?

ahhhh ... with all respect to Gen1 peoples. I'm trying to get some feedback from anyone with gen2's and the Baer Brake upgrade. What replacement regimen would I see, more or less and this is based on Summer and Winter driving.