Some new mods on my car!

Q-Ball

Well one thing led to another yesterday. Pulled off my bumper and put the new 96 B4U front bumper on. Than swapped my headlights for the Silver Stars, and to finish her off, got my hood bra on it.

Heres a pic before.

2293316_1_full.jpg

And now After.

hpim09414cy.jpg

hpim09420ez.jpg

so you now only have the b4u front?

how hard were the silverstars to put in? i have my bulbs here, and want to put them in, but i think i have to do the siliconing them in thing

how hard were the silverstars to put in? i have my bulbs here, and want to put them in, but i think i have to do the siliconing them in thing

I have everything except the rear bumper and driver side flares. Yeah, you have to Silicone them. I just took pliars and gently went back and forth the break the seal. Than used my existing Headlight, popped in the silver stars with some silicone over them. Let them dry for about 1 hour, I was back on the road. :lol: Ususally takes 24 hours to cure. But they stayed in place and still work :biggrin:

Your after pic is poopy

:iamwithstupid:

I still don't like it...that would only be something I put on for long highway trips, not around town, looks goofy

It might help if you posted a Before/after pic of the lights, the one I have won't do you any goood, different camera makes it look just like it does in your pic

Jamie

LOL at all of you who have to mod your headlights in order to put in silverstars! :mrgreen:

looks good so far, and a word to the wise, my hood bra started f_ckin with my paint only after 1 summer(dont run it in the winter IMO) clean the hell out of the underside on the hood where that sits, wax it alot...i waxed it alot and cleaned it alot, and it still fucked it up

Yeah, if your gonna run that bra...plan on running it for quite some time unless you feel like rubbing out the hood everytime you clean it or take it off...

Maybe I'm the only person who doesn't have a problem with the bra rub?!? I just make sure it's super clean every time after I clean the car and put it back on? :dunno:

I think adding the B4U is a huge improvement, now just add the rest of the kit. :wink: I never cared for a GP front end w/o fog lights. It just doesn't look right to me.

I have everything except the rear bumper and driver side flares. Yeah, you have to Silicone them. I just took pliars and gently went back and forth the break the seal. Than used my existing Headlight, popped in the silver stars with some silicone over them. Let them dry for about 1 hour, I was back on the road. :lol: Ususally takes 24 hours to cure. But they stayed in place and still work :biggrin:

did you have to unmount the housing? if so, how did you do that, I couldnt figure it out last night when i wanted to do mine

did you have to unmount the housing? if so, how did you do that, I couldnt figure it out last night when i wanted to do mine

You can give me a call if you want a hand with that.

You can give me a call if you want a hand with that.

if that's an open invitation, i might in the future, when i have a bit of time (and silicone :lol: )

Your after pic is poopy

:iamwithstupid:

I still don't like it...that would only be something I put on for long highway trips, not around town, looks goofy

It might help if you posted a Before/after pic of the lights, the one I have won't do you any goood, different camera makes it look just like it does in your pic

Jamie

Well lets get your camera again!

LOL at all of you who have to mod your headlights in order to put in silverstars! :mrgreen:

looks good so far, and a word to the wise, my hood bra started f_ckin with my paint only after 1 summer(dont run it in the winter IMO) clean the hell out of the underside on the hood where that sits, wax it alot...i waxed it alot and cleaned it alot, and it still fucked it up

Its not really modding. Just taking it out and replacing it and sealing it. Thanks, I think the new front end looks way better myself. As for the bra, its only for when I goto work. I take the highway to work, so it makes sence.

Yeah, if your gonna run that bra...plan on running it for quite some time unless you feel like rubbing out the hood everytime you clean it or take it off...

Oh it comes off on weekends! :lol:

Maybe I'm the only person who doesn't have a problem with the bra rub?!? I just make sure it's super clean every time after I clean the car and put it back on? :dunno:

I think adding the B4U is a huge improvement, now just add the rest of the kit. :wink: I never cared for a GP front end w/o fog lights. It just doesn't look right to me.

Yeah so far I'm not having problems with it rubbing either. Thanks, I agree, it is a huge improvement! My GP did come with fogs, but they got busted up with the valance from the previous owner. :cry:

looks good

also looks grosse without the fender flares.

The flares are going on next weekend. I can take a pic with the flare on for you if you really want it :lol:

Yup it's easy. There are 3 7mm bolts holding each one together. 2 on the bottom, and one on the front of the bumper. Just unscrew then and than slide them out towards the rad. Make sure you get the latches out too. On each fixture, they are 2 holes that snap it in holding it in place. Dont be scared to move it around in there. Once it comes free, just disconnect the power. Than gentle twist the bulb to break the seal with pliars. I went back and forth for about 30 secs, than it breaks the seal. Just dont touch the bulbs. But your old bulbs in your new packages, just incase for back ups. By all means, Im not a mechanic, and it was easy enough for me.

If your friend can help you, do it. Its really easy.

you are a quote machine :lol:

LOL!

jason did you end up using the rebar (or whatever the bumper piece is called)?? Foglights working yet?

you are a quote machine :lol:

LOL!

jason did you end up using the rebar (or whatever the bumper piece is called)?? Foglights working yet?

Alright, I'll slow down on the quotes :lol:

No, I keep my stock rebar, The only thing it didnt have was the clip holes for the piece of foam. Not a big deal. We can drill it out. Much easier than swapping haha. As for the fogs, my Rebar has the spot for them as well. I just need to get bulbs for them! Hopefully they use the same style plug as my old square ones do. :confused:

you should have waited until you had all the b4u parts before starting the swap

Yeah that was the original plan. But, my uncle who does body work wanted to make sure the front bumper would go on smoothly. The car will be transformed more this weekend! :lol:

But this way, we have to drill holes for the flares and get the clip ready. Once its all on, its coming all off and the car is being repainted as well as the B4U kit. :biggrin:

Next on the list is rims!